The Same Difference...

Willis

The Gatekeeper
Platinum Member
No, not the cheesey incestuous things off of The X Factor...

Speaking to Litchy today over at SC and it struck me that despite how similar these FI converted cars all seem to be, they are all actually very different from each other. In a strange way, I think this little corner of the forum is going to see more variation of form than any other as people continue to develop their cars to suit their ideas/needs/wants. I know that between myself, Litchy and Oscar360 in particular there are three cars that are becoming ever more individual with plans from an OEM+ vibe to a lazy cruiser vibe to an R26.R Clubsport vibe starting to unravel.

The best bit is that I don't think there's a right way or a wrong way to do this conversion (obviously there's a wrong way mechanically if it doesn't work) as the engine itself offers greater flexibility than the standard one and as with any FI engine it can be mapped and tweaked to be as smooth or as vicious as you want with it's delivery. There's some interesting times ahead...

Yeah I really like the oem looking stuff looks like it could have rolled out of the factory like that I intend to make quite a oem look as it was always intended to be my daily driver first time I've done a half sensible daily car so very different to what I'm used to building I'd love to build a track 197 tho that would be brilliant

Agree. Clio interesting projects seem to have seized lately, there is nothing new going on apart from the Megane conversions.

I'm glad this section was created, it's a very nice and interesting twist and it's only a matter of time before it becomes huge with loads of useful information.

I think most of the great conversions have been done yannis. It's just a case of building on it. Mines had a few recent additions, and some new bits happening early in the new year which should make some interesting results. Next year for me is about focusing on the handling to get the best I can. It's more the subtle smaller things that I'm finding interesting now. But meg, SC, ITB's have been done which is the main ones. Only thing worth doing now is a V6 or SC with ITB's, now that would be a winner lol!

What about a 1.6T conversion?

Great idea, a 265 engine in a Mk4 :thumbsup:

Let's also not forget Shakyhandmans epic turboisation (just made that up) of the F4r 830 engine, some said it couldn't be done so he did it at home... Legend

I think most of the great conversions have been done yannis. It's just a case of building on it. Mines had a few recent additions, and some new bits happening early in the new year which should make some interesting results. Next year for me is about focusing on the handling to get the best I can. It's more the subtle smaller things that I'm finding interesting now. But meg, SC, ITB's have been done which is the main ones. Only thing worth doing now is a V6 or SC with ITB's, now that would be a winner lol!

You are not wrong there Mike, however I wasn't trying to point out what has been done, but its potential for future development and how wide - modifying wise - leaves its doors for people to follow trend, mainly talking about information surrounding a respective modification, outlook, pricing, sourcing of parts etc.

Yes itbs have been done but it's only one and there is barely any info around it. It's not like fitting itbs on a 172/182, actually far from that from every aspect. Your car is really a special one and credit to you but again it's one of a kind. K-tec was about to release their kit on June and they are still struggling with it (and we are still talking about £6k fitted for 50bhp). Again, no availability and no one is willing to take the plunge to try experimenting into the unknown world of supercharging the 197 (and fair enough). Again, nothing like the options for 172/182s.

IMO it seems that the Megane conversion holds the promising future of modifying the 197/200 car and as Willis mentioned every build is different, pricing wise, building wise, easiness wise, power wise etc.

Last edited:
I'm glad this section was created, it's a very nice and interesting twist and it's only a matter of time before it becomes huge with loads of useful information.[/QUOTE]

If I'm honest it's the only section I've been looking in and posting in and project threads but I've only been looking at the boosted threads to

theres already plenty of info on stuff already in this section glad I joined annoyed I didn't do it earlier could of saved myself a lot of money on boost pipes :worried::worried:

Think we should create our own membership badge 'Clio FI club' or something equally as cheesy!!!! I think this section could be developed into something really interesting.....maybe into its own forum????

Well the idea was it would be funny to get one in Nicole before the first 200T's went on sale. The main thing Ste was unsure about was management as he'd have had to somehow merge Nissan and Renault data/coding together so it was a massive jump into the unknown but nothing is impossible. Then believe it or not, there was not one single 1.6T lump for sale anywhere in the country. So that killed that idea, it appears these Jukes don't get crashed and broken up hahaha!!!

The main thing Ste was unsure about was management as he'd have had to somehow merge Nissan and Renault data/coding together so it was a massive jump into the unknown but nothing is impossible. Then believe it or not, there was not one single 1.6T lump for sale anywhere in the country. So that killed that idea, it appears these Jukes don't get crashed and broken up hahaha!!!

Now that must have taken more than 5 seconds surely! tut tut tut:smile: