The new, Clio Cup racer.

A mate spotted this earlier while stuck in traffic on the M25, as he got chatting to the driver, it turns out this was the 3rd one he was delivering today.

it actually looks quite smart to me from this Angle.

null_zps7dafe7d2.jpg

They stick to the road like take away curry to a brand new white t-shirt. Shame the road car isn't even close to it now.

They stick to the road like take away curry to a brand new white t-shirt. Shame the road car isn't even close to it now.

I don't know where you get that from, but I guarantee the road car sticks to the road like glue. Driving on the roads round here, I'd know!

http://goo.gl/maps/N9jJG

street view that road from the corner on, sat quite happily

Last edited:
I don't know where you get that from, but I guarantee the road car sticks to the road like glue. Driving on the roads round here, I'd know!

http://goo.gl/maps/N9jJG

street view that road from the corner on, sat quite happily at 70+ on most

Having both sat in one of them around Oulton and driven the 200t around the same track AND attempted to follow one in the Megane I can assure you, the road car is not even a patch on one in every way.

Having both sat in one of them around Oulton and driven the 200t around the same track AND attempted to follow one in the Megane I can assure you, the road car is not even a patch on one in every way.

Given that it is a road car, I would think not. But you used the term 'now' as if to say the previous 200 was comparable to the racer version, whereas this one isn't

In fairness though Tom, the last cup car was an animal on track. There wasn't any way a road 197/200 was going to keep up with a Cup car (unless you had slicks, Clubsports and a megane engine).

Although I do still agree that the new cup car seems slightly more removed from the road car, in terms of spec (Brembos) and also just in the mentality of the car (new road car is softer, but from what I've heard the new cup car is more hard core than the last).

Would like a blast in that!sequential gearbox will be class:drool:

Sequential gearing is awesome, but a bit of a pig to try and use on the road.
I drove a mates Time Attack Escos from a camp site in to Silverstone a few years back, running 650bhp and full sequential gearing, having driven it on track in anger felt a breeze compared to trying to drive it calmly on the road.
the box wanted you to be firm and precise with it, so trying to doodle along with moderate changes made it a pig to get it to engage gear at times.

Sequential gearing is awesome, but a bit of a pig to try and use on the road.
I drove a mates Time Attack Escos from a camp site in to Silverstone a few years back, running 650bhp and full sequential gearing, having driven it on track in anger felt a breeze compared to trying to drive it calmly on the road.
the box wanted you to be firm and precise with it, so trying to doodle along with moderate changes made it a pig to get it to engage gear at times.

Yeah bet there a pig on the roads but on track when the adrenaline is flowing will be great.

well and truly.
straight cut dog boxes on the road can raise eyebrows, my old escos road car used to gain all sorts of looks, and many people asking if its broken, lol

In fairness though Tom, the last cup car was an animal on track. There wasn't any way a road 197/200 was going to keep up with a Cup car (unless you had slicks, Clubsports and a megane engine).

Although I do still agree that the new cup car seems slightly more removed from the road car, in terms of spec (Brembos) and also just in the mentality of the car (new road car is softer, but from what I've heard the new cup car is more hard core than the last).

The new clio cup racer has a lot more adjustability than the out going car, to get people more involved.

The bigger teams will start pulling a gap on others I think.

That race car spoiler is about £700 plus the vat.