The Grand Tour

matt9566

Paid Member
Anybody catch this tonight ? Just finished watching it and thought it was brilliant, proper car show with the entertainment of Clarkson, May and Hammond as expected.

Enjoyed the first 20 minutes more than the entire recent Top Gear series.

You can get a 30 day free trial of Amazon Prime if you want to check it out, if you've had a trial before just use another email address and get another.

Be good to get people's opinions once they have watched it, which of the 3 main cars would you choose ?

Haven't seen it yet, but will be watching it this weekend.

I've got really high expectations for it and cant wait to see it.

I still enjoyed top gear, but it just wasn't the same without Clarkson, May and Hammond

Reactions: RossWoods93
Haven't seen it yet, but will be watching it this weekend.

I've got really high expectations for it and cant wait to see it.

I still enjoyed top gear, but it just wasn't the same without Clarkson, May and Hammond

Can't say I've watched too much of the new Top Gear, call it a boycott as such... I love the extra show with Chris Harris though, nothing better than having someone so passionate about their cars thrashing them round a track and giving an honest review, with a bit of techy stuff thrown in on the side!

As for The Grand Tour, I'll have to bite the bullet and pay for Amazon Prime! Clarkson/Hammond/May are just easy to watch, always crack me up!

Can't say I've watched too much of the new Top Gear, call it a boycott as such... I love the extra show with Chris Harris though, nothing better than having someone so passionate about their cars thrashing them round a track and giving an honest review, with a bit of techy stuff thrown in on the side!

As for The Grand Tour, I'll have to bite the bullet and pay for Amazon Prime! Clarkson/Hammond/May are just easy to watch, always crack me up!

Amazon prime is £80 for the year I believe. But im sure I've read somewhere on here that you can buy a firestick for half the price and watch it via that? im sure someone will confirm this or tell me that I am talking absolute nonsense

Reactions: RossWoods93
Amazon prime is £80 for the year I believe. But im sure I've read somewhere on here that you can buy a firestick for half the price and watch it via that? im sure someone will confirm this or tell me that I am talking absolute nonsense

You're 100% correct, I'm getting my Amazon terminology all wrong!

Doesn't appeal to me at all! I got fed up of those three when they were still on Top Gear, I think Clarkson got too big for his boots. He just comes across as one of those people who, no matter that sh*t they get up to, they still come up smelling of roses :poke:

Doesn't appeal to me at all! I got fed up of those three when they were still on Top Gear, I think Clarkson got too big for his boots. He just comes across as one of those people who, no matter that sh*t they get up to, they still come up smelling of roses :poke:

Got to agree with you regarding Clarkson, if i had punched my boss it would have taken years for me to get another job. Suppose that when it comes to 'celebs' they get slightly different treatment.

Saying that though, I think all three of them are hilarious together

Got to agree with you regarding Clarkson, if i had punched my boss it would have taken years for me to get another job. Suppose that when it comes to 'celebs' they get slightly different treatment.

Saying that though, I think all three of them are hilarious together
I agree with you 100% if it was us we would have been arrested

I watched it yesterday. I thought it was good. Not brilliant, but good. They need to do a spin off series where actual cars that people can actually afford get tested. Top gear of old.

Reactions: JamesCotton
Watched it, the intro choked me up when the other two appeared, an excellent narrative. Overall it was excellent and I'm looking forward to the rest.

Just watched it and I thought the first 20 mins were crap, don't ever feel sorry for these guys as they are rolling in cash especially Clarkson. Americans hanging off every word and laughing at any attempt at a joke. The actual car bit was good and I truly believe that the P1 is as much as a handful as they made out. The fear on Clarksons face was genuine. Will wait and see how the others turn out.

Thought it was ok, no better no worse. I thought they would try to revamp the format but it's essentially old top gear. Was a little disappointed but I'll give it another go.

Watched it today, it was good, enjoyed it, felt like old top gear with a twist. Just hope it does stay fresh though, they did need a mix up after all them series of top gear but will soon go stale if they just do the same old things again.

this is my opinion..people who cant stand Jeremy or all 3 of them will probably not enjoy it no matter what..gotta say that being on TV for so long will change you a bit,so no surprise there..if you love cars there are tons of different shows/programs to watch apart from these 3 guys..

i really enjoyed the car bit..those other jokes and role played situations not as much but overall,I DID very much enjoyed watching it again..its like living a dream watching them tearing the tyres apart etc..

I quite liked it me, it will be interesting to see what direction it goes in and how they develop it. They did do a hell of a lot of stuff over the years on Top Gear so I agree it will be a challenge to try to keep it fresh. I'm actually glad they can't do some of the old stuff like that star in a car - personally that part used to bore me to death!

Similar Thread Suggestions