200: Thanks renault. NAAAAAAT!

So I go to a renault body shop and they tell me they can pull my gt spoiler off and fit a cup spoiler for me.

I buy the cup spoiler, get them to spray it, take my car to them today so they can fit it ready for Trax. They ring me within 30 mins saying I need to come and look at the car, the tailgate is mangled and will look crap with the cup spoiler on. Brilliant. So now I have to keep the GT spoiler and go back tomorrow to get my car and find out how much they charge me...

Good luck getting the money out my wallet.

Anyone want a tailgate with a GT spoiler????

:'(

Last edited:
Basically they said it could be done, so pulled the gt one off and then rang me saying it couldn't be done.

So now i've paid for a cup spoiler and getting it sprayed for nothing.

My god.

In any other case you'd expect the dealer to be the 'go to' guys.

NEVER with Renault. They are the last people I'd ever ask. I'd sooner ask a Kia dealer. Seriously.

This is shocking.

Basically they said it could be done, so pulled the gt one off and then rang me saying it couldn't be done.

So now i've paid for a cup spoiler and getting it sprayed for nothing.

What reason did they give???

My god.

In any other case you'd expect the dealer to be the 'go to' guys.

NEVER with Renault. They are the last people I'd ever ask. I'd sooner ask a Kia dealer. Seriously.

This is shocking.

They were the last people I asked, but they gave me the answer I wanted so thought I could trust them... Obviously not.

What reason did they give???

Reason for not being able to do it? They said they took the gt spoiler off and the top of the tailgate had too many holes etc in and was also in the shape of the spoiler itself (obviously like this from the factory) and I was told this would be the case by many on here yet the guy seemed to think he knew best.

I'm eager to find out whether they will be charging me for this mess

Hmm, I wouldn't be getting your wallet out for anything...

It is their mistake - they need to put it right!

Do you have it anywhere in writing mate? If do I wouldn't just be looking for the cost of the body shop but compensation for the spoiler and spraying as well. At the end of the day all this was undertaken on their word. If they put their foot in it by lack of product knowledge that's not your fault...

I'm only expecting to pay for the spraying of the spoiler tbh and even then I only had it done because of them.

Do you have it anywhere in writing mate? If do I wouldn't just be looking for the cost of the body shop but compensation for the spoiler and spraying as well. At the end of the day all this was undertaken on their word. If they put their foot in it by lack of product knowledge that's not your fault...

Nothing in writing, something was nagging me to get something in writing because I had a funny feeling it would go wrong. Will have to see how it goes tomorrow!

I wouldn't pay for any of the work they've done, including spraying the spoiler. Their **** up so they can pay for it.

Rear doors are different for no spoiler or CUP spoiler and different for GT spoiler. Rear doors for GT are really different and you can't put CUP spoiler on it :smile:

ps: in which color do you have CUP spoiler?

Picked my car up today and fair play to the guy, he's a nice guy and did apologize for thinking it could be done (he said he has done it before), so he said its only fair that they don't charge me for anything. So although I have paid for a spoiler I can't have I got a free coat of paint from it...

I guess my quest for a cup spoiler continues

Skopusnik - The cup spoiler is in black

Not a bad result then mate. Just need to find either a new tailgate or sell the cup spoiler and keep the GT. If I had a cup spoiler and my car was black, I would have set off to your house by now! Really like the GT spoiler, would probably have tried to find a tailgate and spoiler to fit mine had I realise before I bought and had my Sport spoiler fitted.

new tailgate & spoiler fitted is the only answer

S

Yep afraid so, or get a different 200.

Not a bad result then mate. Just need to find either a new tailgate or sell the cup spoiler and keep the GT. If I had a cup spoiler and my car was black, I would have set off to your house by now! Really like the GT spoiler, would probably have tried to find a tailgate and spoiler to fit mine had I realise before I bought and had my Sport spoiler fitted.

Na its not a bad result tbh, will be better once I sell the cup spoiler too. If only your car was black!! I do like the GT spoiler but I'm hooked on the cup spoiler for some reason