197: thanks for grit truck!

My clio 197 A/C wasn't working for while, the last time was working over last winter so didn't have get around to sort it & I havn't use the car much.

Now took it renault garage to sort it out & fix it. They found a grit like a stone in bottom of the A/C radiator which has damage it, here a pic of size of grit! It need a new radiator the old one can not be fix. Strange I never went near grit truck or around!

IMG-20120726-00181.jpg

Anyway got it sorted & very please.

This time it not going out in winter!

Surely that's not from a grit lorry? I thought they spread salt, so it would have dissolved if it was from a grit lorry? Probably just thrown up by another car off the road.

yeah it is mate, some few more grit/salt bottom of the radiator!

why do we grit/salt on the roads!?? Most in Europe never use grit & salt! When I was in germany in winter, they said they never use grit or salt on the roads because bad for our cars & we change wheels for summer & winter - that what other country do.

Lol im a gritter vehicle mechanic, I always feel the sense to defend the poor things.

9 times out of 10 councils grit the roads so if it snows and brings everyone to a stop they can say they took precautions to prevent the conditions. Salt is very expensive ( mixed with chemicals to allow to 'tack' to the road and most gritters are set on the lowest spread setting. If they could get away with gritting the tight *******s would lol.

Could have just been a stone thrown up by a car in front?

Do you know how much the part was Giles? My A/C packed up too, but haven't bothered to take a look at it yet.

There was a gritting wagon on the M1 last night (this morning) sat in the middle lane doing about 40MPH.

Had to travel up the hard shoulder to try and miss the stuff coming uot the back, was the third one i'd passed that day.

There was a gritting wagon on the M1 last night (this morning) sat in the middle lane doing about 40MPH.

Had to travel up the hard shoulder to try and miss the stuff coming uot the back, was the third one i'd passed that day.

Becareful they are nasty grit, can hit windscreen too.

Parts and Renault to fit? If you don't mind me asking

Was total £350 with radiator, seal & regas - inc fitting.

It was a big job, have to take the bumper off to get to it.

changing the air con condensor isnt such a big job - biggest issue is getting it re-gassed!