Terrydb's glacier 200 ff

Looks great!

Guna do my gearbox oil soon... Had a recomendation for motul, but have fuchs engine oil in though and im satisfied with it. DUno which to go for. Is it just 1L you needed?
[MENTION=29138]Chris91[/MENTION] you will need at least 2 bottles of 1,000ml each..

Update :
so this month i thought that i would take a little break from the doing little things to the clio as always this never was the plan haha :smile: first thing i did was buy a seat cover from the snap on guy at work because we don't have anywhere at work and mostly because i go for a drive in my lunch hour i tend to eat on the go so i bought this to help keep my seats clean
not a perfect fit due to sport seats but it does the job so I'm happy there. A830AC59-5FDD-43E9-9845-C97A42F9B9B1_zpseo31kxnz.jpg
next up i decided to sort out something thats bugged me from day 1 ever since i bought the car right in the drivers view i have had a small chip in my screen i had this looked at last year and it had already been sealed however when your driving it didn't look that way and would glare badly with my car i work in the motor trade so i could get everything done there but i don't feel comfortable with that only i do there is get my car serviced as the group i work for has two renault garages i get staff discount so my car goes to renault for service anyways there is a guy i know who comes to my work to repair chipped screens my screen bugged me so much i asked him to have a look he said he could this for me no photos of this but he did a cracking job (no pun intended) really well done and you can hardly see it at all . now for my confession where i work are car park is crap stones everywhere etc at some point or possible hail may have caused this i picked up a dent near my top brake light i spotted this about 3 weeks or so ago and tried to not let it get to me but it did i wanted to access if i could pop this out or not as it was soo small i couldnt warranty calling a dent man @ £50-60 a dent so i set about removing the brake light long story short i couldn't get to the dent and upon putting the light back in this happened :nope: 89249E9C-5216-4182-91CA-7B4A9A675DB1_zpsj1ep6q6v.jpg instead of taking it slow i pushed the light to far the corner bit got caught and i snapped it after this i decided to walk away and call it a night as i did i looked back at the car and found a dent in my rear quarter which in away was good news because now i saw it enough to call out the dent man he was a nice guy managed to get me booked in asap and took all the dents out near the brake light and quarter and also checking the rest of the car sneaky picture as i felt awkward asking to take a action shot 9D185353-7FB9-4E92-AFCB-88F5D98431CF_zps97u8tbde.jpg whilst i was waiting for him to come around i had ordered up a new light from wolverhampton really impressed with the fact the new one had a new bulb as well as these ones aren't led i figured i would have to get the new one or use the old bulb DF23E88A-826A-4CAE-AE4A-E0E8DA0847C0_zps5sa5lcji.jpg i had to switch the washer jet over but once the dents were all pulled out and the guy had gone i fitted the new light 68D6BA3C-8C43-47E1-AF0E-65CCCD242047_zpsnyvdhdfb.jpg and thats it for now more soon Terry

Looks great mate! Sorry to hear about the light.

I bet that seat cover cost you a few quid from them! :-p

Looks great mate! Sorry to hear about the light.

I bet that seat cover cost you a few quid from them! :-p
thanks mate i was annoyed at the time but in a way I'm happy because i like to get the new bits
and it also pushed me to get all the dents out so its all good i was surprised with the seat cover i think i payed £22 in the end i thought they was more then that but as a bonus he gave me a snap on coffee mug as he was a new guy :smile:

Not too bad, although still expensive for what it is.

I looked to buy a screwdriver set for my old man as he's a fan of the snap on stuff. Was like £130 just for 5 of them or something crazy like that.

Not too bad, although still expensive for what it is.

I looked to buy a screwdriver set for my old man as he's a fan of the snap on stuff. Was like £130 just for 5 of them or something crazy like that.
yeah they can be crazy expensive i usually buy halfords pro or just have a shop around i like halfords tool more to the fact they have lifetime warranty

good job mate...how much was the on call guy to fix the dents???just a bit curious...

good job mate...how much was the on call guy to fix the dents???just a bit curious...
thank you in the end it work out £90 in total like i said in my update when i had the dent in the roof i couldn't justify getting him in but when i saw the quarter panel had one in aswell i thought ill get them to go over the car its £55 for the first dent and then if there is any others he will take them out and that's £35

Update not a big one this week as i am waiting for payday how ever i have ordered as few parts friday i odred a seal kit for my n/s door as when i bought the car last year i bent the main frame seal very slightly and sadly on saturday i woke up to fine on of my centre caps had parted with my alloy and gone missing so ive ordered a new one . anyways on to a little better news or more ocd then anything since day one when i got my car there has been a dead bug in my speedo but due to fear of breaking my dash ive never attempted to get it out until yesterday when i found out that you can take the speedo cluster trim out so thats just what i did 4F2ADCA9-1E65-446D-AEE5-B65B97860541_zpsegq9zth3.jpg here is the offending victim :smile: 046DC44E-9C06-448E-B627-E73C74F151ED_zpsn30qp0xt.jpg i know its really small but man this really annoyed me after this i cleaned the dust of the dials and put it all back together and cleaned the interior up also manged to take this the other day im supprised how well this has come out even with the photobombed ka in the back A4FE992A-0804-45F0-A43C-2FD2E4A087BC_zpsqo8epusz.jpg More soon Terry

UPDATE ok so some of you may have seen when i bought the clio last year i wrapped my pillars in the process i ended up doing this941EA79B-580A-4915-A32F-68EC56282D73_zpsiuigue2a.jpg ever since i put that dent in the seal I've been so annoyed with myself always after a phone call to wolverhampton renault i found out that its not just one seal its a whole kit so last week i received the kit in the post E3920EF7-9A3E-451D-A559-88363F83F99C_zpspmauwniq.jpg i was staring to get a bit nervous to do it as i really did not want to screw this up but i left it for the weekend so first thing yesterday i cracked on 74E54DA6-A08E-4AF7-8FAE-E133F0B1D454_zpsjshurtqb.jpg mirror and scrapper moulding off and the took the door card off BA49AC2D-DE7B-4064-8884-21BC234C23AD_zpslw0bqysf.jpg and the i took the old seal off just pealed it away from the door frame as it was ruined already i wasn't worried and then to put the new one on i dropped it down in to the door to put the window slightly inside it lifted it up in to place and then made sure it was fitted all ok i then put it all back together and here is the finished item 6721D75F-3B48-453D-B6E1-FF6D2033D8D7_zpszamjl2t5.jpg also this week one of my alloys parted ways with the centre cap so i replaced this with a new one again thanks renault wolverhampton 700A62C3-78B4-4BBC-AB93-289C5C432361_zpskiij4wdl.jpgCE7A630D-31FA-4E13-B0D0-E4335D1735C9_zpsu6w72y5i.jpg fitted and now all ok i did find out that i have a very slight play in the inner tie rod so I've bought that and I'm booking it in next week hopefully as i have my service coming end of month along with some michelin ps3's here are some pictures I've took yesterday in front of the london eye and the clio met a relative in the carpark yesterday more soon Thanks Terry 93AE6291-955A-4A27-A06D-2A0133195944_zpshkz5l5n9.jpg 958F3AE0-862F-480D-AF5F-B23AAC366840_zpscru6qlc6.jpg

Last edited:
UPDATE
So few things to update this time. for a while when driving up to 70mp There was quite a big vibration through
The steering wheel I put this down to balancing as I know it was done badly from when tyres where fitted. Switched them front to the backs and the vibration was still there on further inspection I found slight play in the drivers inner tie rod so ordered one up from Renault got this fitted and all was ok again here is the old one . FCE3173B-9C3D-49D5-AE18-58B076914013_zpsh4rvxqld.jpg
After driving the car home that night I noticed a noise coming from the exhaust made the car sound a bit like a scooby once the car had cooled donw it had gone . Found out that I had a slight crakck in the pipe from the cat to the centre box see a few people with 200's with standard system have the same problem due to the welds on that part being welded very lightly so my friends girlfriend her dad has a garage and does abit of welding so we took a trip to if he could do it for me he welded the crack back up and now sounds perfect tbh the welds actually look like the factory welding but a lot thicker. 7737D245-9F52-4693-92A2-9E3D27F2A977_zpsteinhcgr.jpg
Last but not least on my list was tyres and a service I had the major one back in November so it was only a smaller one this time car has only 9.5 k since last time so it was not due for another 2.5k but I thought it was best to get done for the summer. No advisories so that was good �� . Also this time round I ordered some pilot sport 3's as I've always wanted to get a set and I think they look good and handle well so far so good I've done about 100 miles on them so I'll see how they wear . AD70B135-0B42-48FF-A039-3EC2334DD847_zpsvljormsq.jpg 30234B9F-8EC2-4303-B234-69FF37927BE0_zpsctpez6rh.jpg 1BA732AF-989D-4536-A5A6-A354C0B3452F_zpsq7anhifj.jpg 9B14E754-4C32-403F-BB2C-FDEE3A623FB4_zpskyhxbfos.jpg

Last edited:
UPDATE:
Just giving this a quick update of what's been happening with the clio. about 3 weeks whilst coming off my drive on my way to work my car got hit up the rear by the lady behind who failed to see that i and the car in front had both stopped luckily no one was going fast but i was hit at about 25/30 mph and i am ok and so is the car. i was pushed in to the car in front off me so my car got hit at both ends nothing to major as i did strip the car down to inspect if there was any damage underneath the front bumper but it was all ok there is a slight dent at the rear but the insurance have looked at this and it can all be repaired. also Whilst the car is away I've asked them to respray the bonnet as i had a few stone chips and it would not look right with the new bumper so here is what is being done and some bits I've ordered aswell

*New front and rear bumpers
*New rear diffuser
*New front black badge
*Paint bonnet as this has a few stone chips
*new engine heat blanket as current one is getting Tatty
*New Led rear numberplate Bulbs
Hopefully Once I've got the car back i will get some pictures More soon Terry

UPDATE : Following on from my post above. back at the start of june my car got hit at the rear which then pushed me in to the car in front as again from the list above a few things were done but the car had to go back to the body shop as there was a few issue i had. now i have finally got the car back and they have sorted the issues i had with the and also the the marks that where left on my rear boot pan i can finally put some new pictures up of the car all done. also the car was away i finally bit the bullet and bought a genuine rs gear knob 38902158-B7F9-4F91-A5E8-044DF40E73F8_zps8enno6mk.jpg 56748BE8-9CEE-49D7-A7A0-FF9DDDFAA28E_zpssam6z2qh.jpg 7320B2A9-3FD0-4A09-A0CB-48483D8A4E2C_zpssuopweph.jpg DAB8B8B8-6EE6-4FB8-BC86-C6D108F9E162_zpsyvj7jc7k.jpgD47399F5-A7F9-4400-8B85-38455FE264C2_zps4kaid0il.jpg
A0D5C05F-DE94-4051-B057-93340554BA2F_zpshgdjg6xj.jpg

looks lovely mate, maybe abit biased lol.
Ive been looking at bolts for a while and they do look good actually. hows the ps3s?

looks lovely mate, maybe abit biased lol.
Ive been looking at bolts for a while and they do look good actually. hows the ps3s?
thanks yeah I love glacier white yeah I've had the wheels bolts about 7 months now and I really like them I'm probably going to take them off in the winter though
as I don't want to ruin them. Ps3's are great so far only done 2k on them at the moment but there still on 7mm hopefully I will stick with these now and get some on the rears once my coti's run down

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.701961)]UPDATE [/COLOR][COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.701961)]Since the last time I updated this I thought I would get some things done to the car that I've wanted to sort out for a while seeing as end of season expo was coming up and my cambelt service I saw this as a opportunity .[/COLOR]
[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.701961)]After my car went to the body shop after some one went in to me I was really impressed with there service despite a few little things they do a good job I decided to get my o/s/r rear quarter resprayed as I had a few chips around the gravel rash rear and someone had over sprayed them before so I booked the car in to get this all sanded back and re done properly sadly I haven't had anytime to take some pictures of it fully cleaned in the light so here is a quick picture very impressed with there work and I can't rate them enough E47CB5A7-3BB7-4AEC-9F2E-1E4A71EC741A_zpslfhnijyw.jpg next up I sprayed the Torx bolts that hold the fuel filler funnel in place as these started get a bit pitted and rusty so I primered them then two coats of satin black then finished of with lacquer :smile: the finished product .7284EA3B-3310-484C-A7B3-D0DDAE745F3E_zps4yyghd6l.jpg the last major thing on my list was my callipers since I bought my car I was never happy with my rear callipers as the were all chipped and scuffed so I decided to have the painted by my local body shop whilst it was there they did my front callipers and changed the decals to white one and repainted my rear hubs I was so happy with the outcome of these. 58F68739-D688-489E-AFE9-6639937804B5_zpsjoylchit.jpg D010A333-652D-4F27-834A-466513DE3DAB_zpszojbdejk.jpg a few other things I've done this month as well are new Rs mats to match my dials 35C48A26-D81E-4738-B4EB-C2A35AF541C9_zpsnqfzsrmd.jpg B7292F6F-61B5-4915-899F-BF42424DAD90_zpsmmeq433i.jpg[/COLOR]
[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.701961)]15A2420B-ECC6-4CAD-BAFF-1DAA09A728DD_zpsedgbfcky.jpg I've also decided to run winter wheels so I picked up a set of speed lines that have been plasti dipped I've pulled the dip off and I did temporally rattle can them to get them back black once i have the money I will do them proper but for now that's all next up is the expo and my cambelt change more soon. Terry [/COLOR]

Looks great!

If i were you id run the speedlines as your summers and the cup wheels as winters, black speedlines on gw200s look great.

its always handy to have a spare set of wheels..i should have kept mine..looks good mate..

Thanks guy I do like the speed lines but I really love my cup alloys as they paint I've had them done in has this chrome effect to them and also I like the idea of keeping how it originally came but change little things hopefully I will get the speedlines done properly and then I will see how I feel :smile: