200: Tank capactity

Decided to test out the capacity of the fuel tank. Carried a spare can and drove until it stopped which was at:

13.0 G
417miles
31.7MPG

I filled it back up with the can and the car started straight away.

I know the trip computer usually stops recording the "Miles Left" at around 30 miles, never dared go more than 15 before putting some more in. Did you notice how many miles you did after the warning beep went off?

31.7 MPG is amazing, never seen anywhere near 30 myself

I did my first longish run on saturday. (Wakefield to sutton coldfield, about 110 miles)

Cruise set to 70 my 197 did 33.5 mpg with a range of just over 440 miles.

Are the 197 and 200 tanks the same size?

Nice work Ado, I did much the same.. boring as hell though!

IMAG0378.gif

This was with mixed driving going to and back, school runs etc. Trip computer said 31.9mpg, but calculated it was just over 35mpg. Put 52L of fuel in it.. so there was a few more miles in the thing, but I didn't have spare fuel on me so chickened out :smiley:

On a run it'll easily do 450 miles I think, which isn't that bad considering the gearing, which would be 37+ mpg.

Rich

Last edited:
I know the trip computer usually stops recording the "Miles Left" at around 30 miles, never dared go more than 15 before putting some more in. Did you notice how many miles you did after the warning beep went off?

31.7 MPG is amazing, never seen anywhere near 30 myself

When I filled it back up it had 390mile range so I had around 30miles extra from the trip computer said.

My trip always sits above 31MPG unless I'm at a trackday.

Mine does 24/25mpg. Highest I had it was on a run from the middle of liverpool to the trafford centre in manchester. Managed to get 27mpg on the return leg, doing 65/70mph lol

i was doing once a week, when I put the fuel in for the week, but ive just left it for the past 3 weeks to see it will change. It just hovers between 24.1 and 24.5 recently.

13mile each way commute, usually in traffic town driving for about 2miles each way, then the rest is usually pretty clear. 60mph on the motorway most mornings for one junction and it still dosnt change! Its a thirsty bugger...

i was doing once a week, when I put the fuel in for the week, but ive just left it for the past 3 weeks to see it will change. It just hovers between 24.1 and 24.5 recently.

13mile each way commute, usually in traffic town driving for about 2miles each way, then the rest is usually pretty clear. 60mph on the motorway most mornings for one junction and it still dosnt change! Its a thirsty bugger...

Yours is really bad.

My Commute is 16 miles. 13 of those on the M1 into leeds. I tend to get 29-30mpg with just commuting. But on a run I saw 33.5mpg, but after working it out it would be about 35-36mpg (I think the average figures are well underead).

I would reset your trip with each fill up or before going on a longer journey.

its a november 2006 car "56 plate" about 37K on it.

Gonna service it soon, then cambelt is due in Nov aswell... expensive times... :'(