Swapping the front wiper motor, how easy?

Just been looking in at this thread: http://www.clio197.net/forum/showthread.php?26646-Sticky-wipers!/page3&highlight=wiper

First off, how decent is the search on here?? Pretty good.

Now, onto our problem. My eldest's car is doing just that: wipers work on fast setting, park anywhere etc etc.
The member in that thread swapped out the wiper motor.

I've looked on ebay and found a suitable new motor for £128, but it's NOT got the linkages......so how hard is it to swap the motor onto the old linkages?

I ask, since all used parts on ebay seem to sell motor AND linkages together.......

Secondly, is there a thread anywhere showing how to remove the linkage and motor?

Thanks to all who respond.

swapping motors over is usually an easy job - just make sure the new motor is in the parked position before fitting the link arm because if not
you can get the wiper arms to travel downwards when they switch on!!!

Oh wow!
How will I know it's in the park position?

And does anyone know a cheaper source for a genuine motor than £128 for a genuine Valeo?

Last edited:
Oh wow!
How will I know it's in the park position?

And does anyone know a cheaper source for a genuine motor than £128 for a genuine Valeo?

you plug it in first and switch on/off so it parks in the right position...

The motor will just spin if you plug it in and start it, its the linkage you have to get right. . .

..it then stops in the correct parked position when switched off - then make sure the linkage is lined up and fit - done plenty of motor swaps

Similar Thread Suggestions