Suspension missing gaiters?

Will May

Paid Member
Hello everyone,

Just bought a 197 as a weekend toy and whilst checking the usual issues on the front end, I noticed that the damper rods are exposed. Should there be a gaiter to protect them?

Attachments

• 20200413_123004.jpg
    20200413_123004.jpg
    647.5 KB · Views: 28
Yes there should and I think the spring is for a cup shock and that's a standard shock the brake calipers will be either red or grey remember someone could have painted them but you will be able to tell. The cup springs are about 7mm lower but I don't know about the ride if not matched to the designed dampers. Everthing will fit which way you want to go std or cup.

Grey = Std suspension purple shock, green/blue spring - Rear grey shock orange/orange spring
Red = Cup suspension orange shock orange/blue spring - Rear shock orange orange/blue spring

Does it say lux on the door plate it should have grey front wing vents and carbon effect dash centre still a good looking car the Recaros were £900 option but leather seats were £1200 option.

Grey vents, check, I thought they were just faded black ones.
Carbon effect dash centre, check, very un carbon like.
Lux on the sill plates, check.

That's great you've got one of the 50 or so congratulations. Sorry if it sounded petty just wanted you to make sure you had a lux the mirror caps looked like not the right silver and a few cars were listed on eBay as lux when they were not and even had cloth seats if you ever have time can you check the loom part number for me it will be a label off the big red battery connector along side the air filter pipe that runs between the engine and battery box it will be easier to get a phone picture than read it I'm just trying to get the part number of a non xenon cornering light loom. It will not be that number marked in the picture below it's just the part number on my loom does not show on the parts system so just want to get a factory loom number to find a used one.

Thanks

1587589134109.png
1587589284273.png

Thanks for you help it's just as I thought the part numbers on the factory fitted looms are different than the spare part numbers so finding a used loom then is very difficult. I'm guessing that your car has working cornering lights I was expecting to see a "C" at the end of the part number as mine has an "E" and had normal basic headlights from the factory so the loom only has two plugs for the headlight and you need the lighting computer and a third connection for the cornering light operation.