Suspension decisions

Garysp2

Paid Member
so the Gaz Golds are on order, few weeks wait for them to arrive.
so looking at wishbone, bushes options etc. was about to order powerflex bush set, new wishbones etc, then i came across these from puremotorsport

anyone used them before, any feedback??

Rose joined arms will be very stiff and probably somewhat uncomfortable on a road car, on anything less than perfectly smooth tarmac.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Garysp2
My Clio is polybushed with the exception of the ARB and front wishbones. I had both wishbones replaced this year and have standard Renault bushes in them. I wouldn’t say that my car is unpleasant to drive but the Wife and my daughter complain about the ride in the car. That is even though the car is currently on a set of bouncy B14s.

I wouldn’t use solid bushes on a car that does any road miles - but it depends what kind of ride you want.

Reactions: Garysp2
Not a Clio but my 200sx ran all rose joints, I ran it to work every Friday (75mile round trip) and it's wasn't that unpleasant at all, E36 has a lot of rose-jointed arms and bushes too, it's not terrible.
It's the maintenance on them that can be the downside, but if it's track only, crack on, the pros outweigh the cons.

Not a Clio but my 200sx ran all rose joints, I ran it to work every Friday (75mile round trip) and it's wasn't that unpleasant at all, E36 has a lot of rose-jointed arms and bushes too, it's not terrible.
It's the maintenance on them that can be the downside, but if it's track only, crack on, the pros outweigh the cons.

what the extra maintenance on them??

what the extra maintenance on them??

Rose joints are not like bushes, they have a spherical bearing, some are self lubricating some are not (these ones are self explanatory, normally have a grease nipple), you have to check for dirt and debri that can get trapped in them (on arms, rose jointed ends you can get boots that cover them, but for a bush like on the Clio arms you are considering, you cannot, or not that I've ever seen).

I've seen people use balloons on the style you're looking at, to stop dirt getting in, I've never used this method so cannot confirm.

Might be worth you googling on rose joint maintenance, there's loads of info on it, probably find better alternative boots etc than what I explained above.

Reactions: R20BTG and Garysp2
Rose joints are not like bushes, they have a spherical bearing, some are self lubricating some are not (these ones are self explanatory, normally have a grease nipple), you have to check for dirt and debri that can get trapped in them (on arms, rose jointed ends you can get boots that cover them, but for a bush like on the Clio arms you are considering, you cannot, or not that I've ever seen).

I've seen people use balloons on the style you're looking at, to stop dirt getting in, I've never used this method so cannot confirm.

Might be worth you googling on rose joint maintenance, there's loads of info on it, probably find better alternative boots etc than what I explained above.

cheers for that info...........gonna look into it a bit more

Reactions: suj
How do you think adjustable top mounts would be on a daily driver? I’m not worried about harshness more the maintenance side and longevity of the top mounts

How do you think adjustable top mounts would be on a daily driver? I’m not worried about harshness more the maintenance side and longevity of the top mounts

It's fine (depending on quality of top mounts you use of course), they have replaceable bearings and not that hard or expensive to change if they do fail.

But you got to ask yourself are the pros of having them over OEM ones needed on a daily driver? As in do you need the extra camber? If not stick to OEM.

Reactions: Big Ben and Onrus