SUPERSPRINT V KTEC exhaust

melvin1993

Scotland | Alba Rep
Hi every one:smile:
I'm sure some one has asked this before but I can't seem to find it any where so sorry in advance

I'm looking to get a new cat-back system in the next month or so but I'm not sure what system to go for, I love the note of the supersprint "racing" system but a lot of people seem to be going with the Ktec system but are there any Pros/cons of either system or is it really just a case of personal preference and budget?

I'd also be using a de-cat pipe with this

Thanks

Just incase you didnt know, KTec have 10% off through December (just a heads up)

I have the ktec catback and decat and think they sound superb :smile:

Couldn't agree with you more Ashton haha

Yeh I seen they had the 10% off that's why I'm trying to decide quickly :L
Do you have a video of it so I could hear it?

I have had the Ktec on less than a week.

It's very very good. 100% recommended!

It's a little louder than normal on start up...

It doesn't drone at high speeds, although it is slightly louder than standard....

After 4k revs, it screams it's ass off! :smiley: Cackles, barbles, pops and all at a nice tone.

Seems to breath alittle better too, other than the flat spot which is a little more noticable at lower revs, say, 1,750 to 3,250......

Higher revs, it sounds fantastic. All my car driven enthusiast friends LOVE the exhaust, more so than their own.

I have no fuel due to accelerating, CONSTANTLY! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

If you price up a supersprint to the same spec as a K-Tec, it comes out at nearly £1,100 or the same as an Akrapovic. So for that money, I'd take the latter. You can save a few hundred by getting a non-silenced supersprint centre pipe though.

if money was no object i'd go for the supersprint everyday even over an akrapovic having heard both,the ktec system isn't far behind the supersprint though sound wish so i suppose its all about how deep your pockets are bud

the quality of the supersprint and the akrapovic far out ways the ktec system i must say,but the exhaust is under your car so as long as the quality is decent enough and it doesn't fall to bits then does it really matter,pretty sure all 3 come with a life time warrenty

Last edited:
If our 200 was solely for the track the Supersprint system would be on it. However, that this is just too loud for day to day use. You'll get an ASBO every time you leave for work and come home.

For that reason, we have the Akrapovic system that is nice when just driving to work, but turns into a machine gun/shotgun when you want it to.

Where are you getting that price from I'm getting it posted for £773

The supersprint website. It's all in euros, so converted to pounds and with a silenced centre pipe it came out at £1092. That £773 would be for an un-silenced centre pipe.

The supersprint website. It's all in euros, so converted to pounds and with a silenced centre pipe it came out at £1092. That £773 would be for an un-silenced centre pipe.

Yeh I don't want the silencer no need haha £773 is it converted and with vat
I'd like the akra pipe but I'd rather spend that money on some coilovers

Think ill go for the supersprint if people are comparing it to the akra I'd rather save the money than pay for a name, IMO tho I know there quality is brilliant but I don't know if its worth it