Superchips update

Sorry for the delay in responding. Renault replaced the coil pack today and all is well. Took it in with the chip on and no questions asked so seems it is not visible when completing a diagn checks etc. hope this helps others if they experience any similar issues.

Why would you even risk that? They may have found it and just did the work for free. Next time you have a visit they may mention it.

Calculated risk matey based on the info supplied by superchips, sure they would've mentioned it not the 2nd time. Best thing is if it goes pop takes 2 mins to restore it to original setting. Worse case must have been the previous owner I know nothing sir :wink:

Hi Super 200,

I had the exact issues as yourself but I had two problems. One was excess water in a bad batch of fuel and the other was a broken spark plug.

Initially I also thought it was the program from Superchips as it was not happening with the standard file. However, you are calling for maximum fuel with the superchip and any weakness anywhere will show up when calling for higher horsepower.

A misfire is easy to pick up because you will hear it at idle poor fuel is slightly harder cause you will only pick this up at higher fuel pressures.

If it is indeed a plug Renaults diagnosis tool will pick it up however a fuel issue it will not.

I've also learnt that there are two fuel pumps in the system one is a high pressure one and this can get blocked.

After clearing these two problems several months ago there is no further issue with the superchips file and nothing much can catch this beast.