Subframe issues

a bit of an update. here are the pics of what i did.image0.jpeg wish1.jpeg wish2.jpeg wish3.jpeg
the stainless plate is 3mm as is the subframe as is the 20mm stainless spacer. the plate has also been welded in. powerflex wishbone bushes front and rear have been fit as well. no play what so ever in wishbone now. also a heads up i originally bought track race powerflex bushes which were way to hard for my liking so i went to standard powerflex road bushes. the front powerflex bush kit which is PFF60-801 (powerflex part no) there is no difference between track and road, it is exactly the same. the rear bushes however are massively different in hardness PFF60-802.
however i now have play in the steering rack. i am going to start a new thread for that. cheers for all the help and advice i have had.

Reactions: Sibbers
Nicely done. I didn’t fit the rear bush thinking it would transfer too much noise, but the front feels just right.

Play in the steering could be the inner bush I suppose? Otherwise I’m not sure what else is left for you to fix unless it’s a track rod / end.

Pleased to see you’re getting it all sorted so you can start relishing driving the thing! :smile:

a bit of an update. here are the pics of what i did.View attachment 136769 View attachment 136770 View attachment 136771 View attachment 136772
the stainless plate is 3mm as is the subframe as is the 20mm stainless spacer. the plate has also been welded in. powerflex wishbone bushes front and rear have been fit as well. no play what so ever in wishbone now. also a heads up i originally bought track race powerflex bushes which were way to hard for my liking so i went to standard powerflex road bushes. the front powerflex bush kit which is PFF60-801 (powerflex part no) there is no difference between track and road, it is exactly the same. the rear bushes however are massively different in hardness PFF60-802.
however i now have play in the steering rack. i am going to start a new thread for that. cheers for all the help and advice i have had.
Just a quick question kipper. How did you get the elongated hole bang on centre to the other bolt hole?