Subframe Advice

Currently dropped the subframe from the car, to investigate the "pulling to the left" issue.

20140928_143429.jpg

Just thought I'd post and see if anyone has any tips or similar experience before I go ahead and refit it.

I can see it has locating holes at the back so struggling to work out how people are "aligning it" to resolve the issue.

Thanks.

I've had a host of problems, one of them being a pull to the left, vague feeling in the steering, eliminated the usual
Issues, swivel joints, tie bars etc etc....decided to get the subframe off and replaced the rack along with the u joint/ shaft from rack to power steering unit on the column and the car no long has any pull, runs poker straight at any speed or under braking, since your rack is off look for play

I've had a host of problems, one of them being a pull to the left, vague feeling in the steering, eliminated the usual
Issues, swivel joints, tie bars etc etc....decided to get the subframe off and replaced the rack along with the u joint/ shaft from rack to power steering unit on the column and the car no long has any pull, runs poker straight at any speed or under braking, since your rack is off look for play

Thanks mate, much appreciated - I'll give it a look.

Sorry that I cannot help your problem, but I've got to take the front bumper off soon, any advice on that? Ive heard its a pig.

You can't really align the subframe by eye, they intentionally fit with lots of movement to allow for easier assembly lines at the factory. All you can really do is refit and get your tracking adjusted to suit?

P.s that's a tasty garage you have there!