Struggling to unlock/lock car

Hi guys been having few problems locking and unlocking the clio past few days, it is really starting to struggle and iv got to get i in a sweet spot to do it!

At first i thought this could just be the keycard running out of battery but i changed it for my spare (which has never been used) and it still struggles. It works fine once you have done it once or twice but if its left lonng it struggles, its almost as if it is dying! The battery seems fine and never fails or struggles to start so im just wondering what else it could be?

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Both using kaycard to unlock it and using the keyless entry! it seems silly to say this but as if the car is asleep, im standing there just pressing the keycard and trying the sensors and nothing, then all of a sudden it works and the sensors then work fine!

although the spare keycard wasnt used the battery will still drain power gradually,

hence why they 'recomend' not to leave batteries in torches and other devise for prolonged periods if not being used

i'd go for the battery change as everyone has suggested

Replaced the battery in the keycard and still no joy! Still struggling to open and lock! But seems to be getting worse now!

Replaced the battery in the keycard and still no joy! Still struggling to open and lock! But seems to be getting worse now!

When my keyless played up and after getting new batt and key tested, I was advised to unplug the battery for a few mins and it all worked fine after that.

Will not cost you anything and just make sure you have your keycode.

worked for me anyway