Streamline Carbon Badge Fitment?

Tom

Platinum Member
Hi All,

I've got some streamline carbon badges and I am a little unsure how to fit them.

For starters - I can't get the side repeater covers off... Where do I pry them from? The top or the bottom? They seem to not want to budge. Is this normal?

As for the rear, there's no fitting points.

I took the rear badge off and there are four holes that require four pins to go into them. My streamline carbon badges have nothing!

Pictures below should clear things up:

The removed badge:

bWmOB.jpg

93NA0.jpg

The Streamline Carbon badge:

SaM1k.jpg

A comparison:

sEpYw.jpg

Any help I could get would be greatly appreciated.

Tom.

Last edited:
You will have to bond them on then the badge
Side indicators there is a small notch to get a small flat head under to lift I think

Yeah streamline badges have to be bonded on front back and sides tbh they would be some better if they retained the OEM clip system I'd actually have a set then

Hi All,

Instead of starting another thread I thought I would comment here.

I'm really struggling with removing the side bullets/repeaters.

It has been mentioned that you should look for a tab but I cannot seem to find anything. There is a small gap on the underside of the repeater but when you use something like a flat headed screwdriver and add a bit of force it doesn't seem to want to budge.

Any other comments/suggestions please?

Thanks
James

That's the gap I'm afraid they are very tight but they will prise off with bait of force just be careful not to snap any clips when the repeaters off just just the bullet to the side and off it comes

As for bonding the badges that's the only way of fitment just some tiger seal they wont budge then

That's the gap I'm afraid they are very tight but they will prise off with bait of force just be careful not to snap any clips when the repeaters off just just the bullet to the side and off it comes

As for bonding the badges that's the only way of fitment just some tiger seal they wont budge then

Cheers mate. :smile: I think I'm gonna attack this on Saturday, for the 3rd time haha.

We've fitted it this summer on a friends Megane RS.
We mounted it directly on the car without changing the clips, with a "glue" (sorry I dont know really how to explain that in english).
Sikaflex is something similar to that, but not as good as the stuff we used.
http://www.carafun.de/images/451050_01.jpg

I've got it from a friend who builds at the work trains, and they use the stuff to glue the windows and the seats and other things.
When its hard after 48hours its like a mix of silicon and plastic.

I used it also for some other things on my L300 Bus to fit some holder for my Bike (for the transport) also no problem in the winter or when it gets wet/cold....

Awesome - I've deffo got the right stuff - now just need to get down to business!

Cheers fellas.

I put mine on with no more nails, been on there over a year and still well stuck! With the rear one I tried to glue the badge to the rubber bungs, hopefully that way I can remove it when I sell the car.

I went to scrappy and got another badge, cut off the 4 legs and bonded them onto the carbon badge, thus retaining my original and also able to sell carbon once it comes time to sell

I went to scrappy and got another badge, cut off the 4 legs and bonded them onto the carbon badge, thus retaining my original and also able to sell carbon once it comes time to sell
I would be scared of the legs coming off in the holes for removal. :|

Just a pointer if anyones reading this for carbon badge fitting.

Mines a cup so does not have the button in the middle of the rear boot badge.

So when you prise the original badge off your faced with a blanking cover (no button) with two legs on the blanking cover and no legs on the original badge.

Made no difference to mounting the carbon badge, just filled it with tiger seal, mounted it level and held it on with masking tape.

Car looks a mess at the moment with masking tape everywere, badges, bullets and mirror covers.

There is a small hole in the bottom of the indicator (door) and putting a small flat bladed screwdriver into the hole and pushing in 20mm or so pushes a lug that releases the indicator all together.

The bullets then slide backwards, towards were the indicator was and clip off.