Sticky folding mirrors

Hey

Anyone had sticky folding mirrors. Recently mine have started sticking. It still opens and folds fully, just not as smooth.

Is there special lube or something to so.. or easy to take apart and clean/lube back.

cheers

Yeah mine are the same to be honest, I figured it was a slightly dud battery since my car rarely does big mileage. CBA to lube them, but it does sound a good idea. Post up if you have some success :smile:

Yeah, might take them off this weekend.

Battery should not be an issue as it does it with engine running too.

My Civic started the same way and motor failed a bit after. Cant go wrong with a bit up lube to smooth things up :smile:

would say first thing is to as you say clean and lube them up!

if you dont the motors will probably fail under the strain

Any idea how?

Yes, yes use lube.

But can I just use wd40 or is it a dealer job.

Hard to say without havin them apart mentalpen if you can cope with it leaking down your car for the next few weeks then WD40 will probably help

Had this on mine about a year back, sprayed a load of WD40 into them and worked fine until a few weeks ago - now sticking again.

I'd suggest GT85 instead, it's got PTFE in it so should be a better lubricant and hopefully will last longer

Took triangular on the inside of the door off and found two screws. Looks like thrid behind the door card.. Sods

Will yank door card off and have a proper go when i have time. Dont trust light lube. Grease is better i suspect especially in cold freezing condition.

I'm planning to take the door cards off anyway and put flashing tape in there to help reduce vibrations when I turn the bass up! Might be a good time to do the mirrors as well.

Might give em a squirt, anywhere specific to aim at?

Just around the pivot, I found it easier to access with the mirrors folded in. I put quite a lot on and then wiped away the excess, didn't have any problems with it washing out onto the paintwork

Yup i had this problem on my 56 plate 197, you need to spray wd40 into the turning it, very simply and works a treat, had to take the cover off the mirror to get to it all.

Yup i had this problem on my 56 plate 197, you need to spray wd40 into the turning it, very simply and works a treat, had to take the cover off the mirror to get to it all.

Worked fine for me without removing the cover. Just make sure you use the straw thing on the spray can to get the oil right in there