Steering Wheel - NO Help from Renault UK!!!

Just thought I'd add more proof to the horrendous service and quality Renault offer on their cars.

My car is a 57 plate, Jan 08 registered FF 197.

About 6 months ago, I noticed the wheel starting to peel and immediately thought it was odd. Ignored it at first using leather feed and other products to try and help to no sucess.

After doing some rooting around on here I phoned Renault UK and got through to a woman called Frankie Tate ( Customer Relations Manager ).

Since sending photos and other such stuff over the most they'd offer me was a new wheel with a 20% contribution - giving me a cost of £288.41 to settle for a new wheel.

This is a complete joke, manufacturers should take more care and detail in their cars and it's clear I'm never buying a Renault again.. the quality is just shocking.

What p**sed me off more than anything was the comment "The car is 5 years old sir, you should expect to change such things at this time".. HELLO!My old man has a 35yr+ old classic MG - the wheel is to the same quality it was of when it was new!!

She also didn't take nicely with my comparison to other car makers quality.. Renault should be embarresed! :swear:

Mine was replaced a year or two back, under warranty as the leather started to move and wear.

They know they fail and yet would never admit it, usual customer experience with Renault sadly.

Mine was replaced a year or two back, under warranty as the leather started to move and wear.

They know they fail and yet would never admit it, usual customer experience with Renault sadly.

Yes indeed, I'm begrudgingly going to buy a new one from Karl but I'm ultimately feeling really let down by Renault.

Definitely my last Renault, love my car but I'm sick of putting money into things I shouldn't have too.

Yes indeed, I'm begrudgingly going to buy a new one from Karl but I'm ultimately feeling really let down by Renault.

Definitely my last Renault, love my car but I'm sick of putting money into things I shouldn't have too.

Don't buy a new one! Have yours retrimmed, a new one will just do exactly the same again. Send it to edge, or the guy from CS.net that works for Bentley.

Put a post up on RenaultSport UK Forums. You may get a better response. Even though you have spoken to CS, they may ask you to call them again .. :smile:

Don't buy a new one! Have yours retrimmed, a new one will just do exactly the same again. Send it to edge, or the guy from CS.net that works for Bentley.

This ^ could work out cheaper and get a much better quality, also have it trimmed exactly how you want it

I changed mine two,years ago and it's starting to go again.

I paid £150 from Karl off here for a new one.