Steamy headlights??

Maz

Platinum Member
Any idea why?

Im sure I had this on the 182 and it was something to do with the units not being sealed correctly??

There not air tight or been sealed properly,Sometimes it can be just a build not screwed in properly, I'd take it back to the dealers mate,

I has this problem i just ran a fine bit of vasoline around the endges where the glass meets the plastic backing and it hasnt hapend since

My headlights steamed up yesterday for the first time since i have owned the car. Didnt do it last winter or the year before :worried:

Take the back cover off the light in the engine bay. Blast the inside of the light with a hair dryer for 15 mins, then re assemble.

Job done. It's quite a common thing with any car tbh.

Take the back cover off the light in the engine bay. Blast the inside of the light with a hair dryer for 15 mins, then re assemble.

Job done. It's quite a common thing with any car tbh.

I've not had this problem on any cars that i've owned. Happens mostly when people change bulbs and dont refit the covers back on correctly.

Take the car back to the dealers, get them to check the covers are correctly on, and if they are then its an issue with sealing from manufacture and they need replacing :smile:

Its quite a common thing with projector headlights and aftermarket stuff like angel eyes etc.

The hair dryer works everytime, normally because the steaming up of the head light is caused by some moisture residing in the head light unit.

It's worth a try to save you a trip to the dealers tbh.

I hope this helps.

Are they getting hot and steamy Maz?? LOL :wink:

I'd just check the rubber covers are both in place at the rear of the lights before taking it to the dealers.

Im wondering if it was just last nights fog?

Dont know about hot daz.. it was freezing out lol

If you have used a jet wash on the car and focused on the lights with it a few times, it can force a tiny bit of dampness inside which obviously steams up when the lights get warm. I had this a few times on mine, I stopped using the jet wash on the lights so much, and it seems to have stopped it now

i never you jet wash on the lights or door handles it foooks them up
in my opinion

not had this problem on my 197

was that your first wash your 200?

Did you or someone jet wash too close the car on the headlights?

I am soooooooooo suprised no one has suggested the SPIDER ... Gaz..Paul ??? or is it all lies ..

Think about it. The units are sealed, thus the gas/air inside the headlight will be ambient temperature. Then when you wash the car with warm water, the air inside the headlight will mist up as the surface of the headlight is now warmer than the air inside the headlight (bit like the mirror in your bathroom) Pretty much all cars i've owned do this.