Standard Seat Re-Trim

Chris, I've had a few enquiries for Standard seat re-trim but no one ever went through with it, until a few weeks ago. A member off here wants his doing and wants to be squeezed in ASAP to be the first with the Standard seats trimmed.

Steve. Assuming you have a template for the standard 197 seats. What would a run where you supplied the retrim material only and i did the stripping and fitting. I know some can be a ball ache from experience and i guess your cost is mainly from the handling of the seats.

Saying that, the shape of the standard seats looks ok.

Steve. Assuming you have a template for the standard 197 seats. What would a run where you supplied the retrim material only and i did the stripping and fitting. I know some can be a ball ache from experience and i guess your cost is mainly from the handling of the seats.

Saying that, the shape of the standard seats looks ok.

Unfortunately this is something I don't offer I'm afraid. If the covers were fitted incorrectly or not to my standard they'd still have my name on. Which I wouldn't be happy about and its not a risk I'm willing to take. As folks know on this forum and elsewhere I take a lot of pride in my work and wouldn't want it ruined by poor fitting. Thats not me saying you'd do such a Job but like I say, I'm not willing to risk it.

Also, I don't have the Standard seat pattern :smiley:

Chris, I've had a few enquiries for Standard seat re-trim but no one ever went through with it, until a few weeks ago. A member off here wants his doing and wants to be squeezed in ASAP to be the first with the Standard seats trimmed.

Thanks for the reply, it's something I'd love to get done when funds are available as the standard of your work is second to none. Looking forward to seeing what you come up with with the standard seats, no doubt they'll be stunning! :smile:

Last edited:
I was thinking an interior of black leather and alcantara with red sticking and white renaultsport head rest logo. Black gearshift gaiter with red sticking, 197 steering wheel with the red centre stitching and a white rev counter to get rid of all yellow. Got a pic of it all in my head, just need to find some funds to be able to do it!