standard rubber front splitter coming off.

Hi,

Over the past few months I have noticed a slight bit of my standard black front splitter starting to unclip itself from the bottom of the bumper. With all the rain and puddles we have had over the past few weeks it has made it worse and started to unclip more of it off around the bumper.

It's not come off completely just not flush around bumper. I haven't managed to jack the car up recently due to being busy but does it just need pressing back in and having new clips put in behind it to get it to stick back on if so i'll ask RenTech to put them in whilst it's on the ramps getting it's first cambelt, waterpump, and aux belt done on 4th Feb.

Has anyone else had this problem before?

Chris

Ok mate. Never mind. :worried:

It could be the glue corroding when water gets inbetween the end of your splitter and bumper but I haven't heard of your problem before mate. Sorry!! :worried:

If the rain/puddles have pushed it back it could be muck/dirt trapped in it stopping it fitting flush now.

i would remove it completely, clean it and then re apply :smile:

I will remove it and refit and see if that helps.

Like I said it was starting to come loose a bit at one side on the passenger side of the car but like I said the weather has made more of it come loose around bumper. If there is a dry weekend next weekend I shall try this out.

Cheers guys :smile:

Don't remove it, it is held in by a large wedge at each end, they don't like coming out and will knacker the strip if you try to force it. A new one is around £85. It should just push back in, but does need a lot of thumb/finger pressure.