Standard 197 seats to Recaro swap?

Sorry i’m but i’m sure this will have been asked before.

Do the standard 197 seats use the same runners as the Recaro’s?

Sorry i’m but i’m sure this will have been asked before.

Do the standard 197 seats use the same runners as the Recaro’s?

Same bolt hole spacings in terms of bolting to the chassis - yes. Is that what you meant ?

More when I pick up the Recaro’s do I need to take his runners aswell or will the rails run on my existing standard runners?

If that makes sense?

Runners are normally sold with seats.

I would ‘expect the bolt spacings of the runner to the seat itself to be different ie: specific.

So best to sell yours with runners. And buy the same way.

Someone else may know for sure though if standard seat runners will fit a Recaro.

**Is this in reference to the set on fb for sale with no runners ?

hello,
I'm wondering if I can mount a Recaro's for the UK market in the European clio 197 ?
so will the front passenger seat become the driver seat in my case.
there may be some installation problems ?

hello,
I'm wondering if I can mount a Recaro's for the UK market in the European clio 197 ?
so will the front passenger seat become the driver seat in my case.
there may be some installation problems ?

You will lose the ability to raise and lower the seat, as it's on the UK drivers side, so in your LHD car it will be on the passenger side.

You will lose the ability to raise and lower the seat, as it's on the UK drivers side, so in your LHD car it will be on the passenger side.

this is true, but the basic height adjustment of the front passenger seat would suit the position behind the wheel ? or would sit too high maybe ?

this is true, but the basic height adjustment of the front passenger seat would suit the position behind the wheel ? or would sit too high maybe ?

Totally depends on you, your body shape, arms and leg length.

They sit quite high for many people, so people buy frames to sit lower

Josh Wheeler sells a lowering kit for RHD or LHD drivers seats, but I don't know if that works with RHD seats in a LHD car

Might be worth asking him

Totally depends on you, your body shape, arms and leg length.

They sit quite high for many people, so people buy frames to sit lower

Josh Wheeler sells a lowering kit for RHD or LHD drivers seats, but I don't know if that works with RHD seats in a LHD car

Might be worth asking him
ok, thanks for the help, i will contact him

Reactions: suj