Squeaky Seats (non-Recaro content!)

Noticed a very annoying squeak when moving around in the drivers seat, anyone else noticed something similar? Or do I just put it down to the fact it's French charm? Or hot, humid weather?

Would take it back to the stealers for a look, but as it's interior I'm 99% certain it won't be covered under any warranty (don't want to be ripped off for an inspection), and I'm not too sure where to aim with the WD40 nozzle :rofl:

Mine developed a cluck on the drivers seat if I leant back at the top, but has disappeared as quickly as it came.

Noticed a very annoying squeak when moving around in the drivers seat, anyone else noticed something similar? Or do I just put it down to the fact it's French charm? Or hot, humid weather?

Would take it back to the stealers for a look, but as it's interior I'm 99% certain it won't be covered under any warranty (don't want to be ripped off for an inspection), and I'm not too sure where to aim with the WD40 nozzle :rofl:

Might be the same problem i had. But it turned out it wasnt the seat that was squeeking, it was the seatbelt pretensioner where its adjustable bolt fixed to the seat frame. It was squeeking when the seatbelt pretensioner moved forward and back (caused by me moving in the seat).

Blasted it with WD40 and i havent heard anything since.

Yep, got several and it's only 5 months old. The first started when the leather was rubbing against the side plastic. Now got a couple when i change gear/move side to side. Will be taking it in at some point to get them to sort it. If the car is in warranty, get it in and get them to sort it out. Nothing more annoying than squeaks and rattles for me.

There is a very easy and effective way of solving this issue. Having not had standard seats i have no proof that this theory would work but i think if you try my step by step guide then you will have good results!

Step one:

Buy Renault Sport Recaro seats and baseframes.

Guide over.

:wink: - Just a great excuse to upgrade isnt it?

Last edited:

Similar Thread Suggestions