Squeaking clutch

Sounds very similar to squeaking when my clutch was faulty. Could be a the release bearing going.

With the down time at the moment and I have to drop the subframe to fix the steering rack when Renault finally make one that fits I am might pull the gearbox and fit a new clutch. Anyone have a sensible priced clutch slave cylinder the 197/200 ones seem to be £90 upwards while others £50 - £60 I don't mind paying the price but is there a good one all metal body bottom of my gearbox is wet at the bottom I think my slave might be weeping as it is not where the bell meets the engine (so not crank seal) it's were the bell meets the gearbox body and might be my suspicion that high rev 4th-5th and 5th-6th does not feel that the box has slowed down enough to go up I have played around the problem by lifting off the accelerator completely during gear change it's now normal to me there was never any crunches and normal public road driving no problems. You see I am just wandering the high price there is a main body and an interchangeable goose neck I was wandering if it is like the Mk3 electric power steering racks they are all the same except the track rod inner and end assemblies which gives them different part numbers and popularity then makes massive difference in price normal rack 2 3/4 turns lock to lock.
1587480898855.png

@turkie172 I used a different CSC bearing when I had mine done... I used this one as I read on a few different forums these can be better because they are made of metal (including the piping) which means they are a bit more durable and won't crack like the plastic ones.

It's a TRW make with the part number PJQ192. A quick Google and I have found them at roughly £70 (this link)

Not many people have tried these but after a full year, all seems well and I've not suffered any issues (yet!). I can also vouch that the quality of these seem a little better than the original Renault ones. :smile: