Squeak from OSF when cornering right.

Started today, a squeak from the OSF when cornering right. Although I've very slight play in the top hub bearing, the noise is only when the wheel is already turned right and held there. I'm suspecting wheel bearing as its when no load is on that corner, or potentially just a stone wedged somewhere. I've already jacked it up on lock but can't be heard. I'm a mechanic so shouldn't be hard to solve, but if anyone can point me in the right direction to save time, that'll be great.

Sounds like the lower swivel hub bearing. There are plenty of threads on it if you have a search

Renault main dealers don't list the bearing as a spare part and will insist you need a complete hub assembly which is ludicrously expensive.

Give RSport (official Renaultsport Motorsport deale) a ring on 020 8542 0042 as they can supply the bearing separately for around £50 delivered.

I'd expect a noise when turning stationary, but all is quiet. Can reproduce it constantly on a mini roundabout, holding the steering wheel in place, steady throttle and it'll squeak. Nothing on left hand lock. I'll read through the threads and see what I can find tonight.

Haven't tried that yet. Checked all round today, and could only find slight play in the OS swivel, but quite a bit in the NS. It did do it over a sleeping policeman with the steering straight ahead, so I'm going for lower swivels first and check the wheel bearing feel with no shaft on it.

[MENTION=29]foxspeed[/MENTION] , tried it this morning and yes, it does go when I apply the brakes. All the brakes are spot on, changed around 6 weeks ago. Any suggestions? Seems like something is having play taken up when brakes applied, or sitting something back in line.

[MENTION=29]foxspeed[/MENTION] , tried it this morning and yes, it does go when I apply the brakes. All the brakes are spot on, changed around 6 weeks ago. Any suggestions? Seems like something is having play taken up when brakes applied, or sitting something back in line.

its more than likely a sticking pad....

No worries, all sorted now. I've been convinced it was the front, but it became noticeable when driving straight ahead and went when the handbrake was applied. Stripped down the OSR and found one of the pad shims had moved over slightly and was touching the disc.