Sprint booster ........bloooody hell

ashtons99

Gold Member
Well after fitting it last week I thought I'd give the car a run, albeit I've put the car away for winter I couldn't resist a little squeeze locally just to see whether the sprint b was worth the 100 notes I'd just spent.

I pottered out of the estate (20mph zone!) but could feel how different the pedal responded to the slightest of pressure. Then out onto the main road and into a rural national, the pedal felt alive and immediately responsive to any slight input. I did what everyone else has no doubt done and proceeded to switch....green, red, off, green, red,off......

I wasn't particularly taken aback by how sharp red was but more how dull "off" felt. I know some have described red as scary but I found it to be right for the car. The throttle response was immediate but not uncomfortable or switch like. The acceleration still remained linear and progressive but with much more sharpness and reactive to right foot input.

I have a lotus Elise SC with fly by wire throttle, the sprint booster had given the RS much the same throttle response as that of the Elise.

I would say the biggest difference when driving the car fitted with it is not how it feels with it turned on but how it feels with it turned off , the pedal suddenly feels wooden and lifeless!

I will admit I was a doubter and reticent about the placebo effect but Ive been converted.

Buy one new or look out for one on here in the classifieds but whichever...buy one!

Might keep my eye out for one of these. I've not been convinced and I don't know why because I always read good reviews. But the Clio throttle pedal is ludicrously slow, my diesel fiesta has better throttle response. It makes Heel/Toe a total pain in the arse.

Might keep my eye out for one of these. I've not been convinced and I don't know why because I always read good reviews. But the Clio throttle pedal is ludicrously slow, my diesel fiesta has better throttle response. It makes Heel/Toe a total pain in the arse.

Heel/toe is made much easier with the sb on mate :thumbsup:

Especially on red!!!

So's a Meg engine, wheel spinning in 4th
37034793.jpg

Attachments

• 37034793.jpg
    37034793.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 31