Spoilers do they help

The cup spoiler will do absolutely nothing for handling at any speed the clio is capable of around a track, the under body aerodynamics would be much more efficient. - think of it this way, how much weight do you think the spoiler would take? To make a real difference to the handling the spoiler would need to be able to withstand 50+KG's to really make it handle different.... and somehow Im not going to sit 50kgs on my spoiler

I do know top speed is reduced with the cup spoiler however by a few miles/hr

I do know top speed is reduced with the cup spoiler however by a few miles/hr[/QUOTE]

yep as said before i've noticed this with my sprint spoiler

i also agree that neither spoiler will make no differnce round a track as the cornering speeds just ain't high enough

Question: if as most people think that the cup spoiler does diddly squat for handling/aerodynamics then why do the cup race cars have them?..

Race cars don't run items that have no advantageous purpose, and they certainly don't have items stuck on them just because they look good.

Angel, when I spoke to Matt @ TDF about the roof scoop, he said he doesn't help at all, it actually causes more harm that it does good.

But the cup racers still have 'em?

aren't they there to blow cold air on the driver?

They are, the race cars don't have aircon or a blower so the vent is purely for ventilation and of course stops the car misting up. So it is needed even though aerodynamically its crap, the alternative its to run a heavy aircon unit but the loses in power and weight are obviously more than using the roof scoop.

This then gets back to the point that the spoiler must do something or else it wouldn't be there.

So guys YES or NO help just confused so Angel if u took yours off would u have.Still won Bedford ????????

Quite Simply mate, yes, cos I is quick.. :rofl:

The last thing you need is more rear grip imo, I do think they look good in certain colour combos though.

Question: if as most people think that the cup spoiler does diddly squat for handling/aerodynamics then why do the cup race cars have them?..

Race cars don't run items that have no advantageous purpose, and they certainly don't have items stuck on them just because they look good.

good point,the cup racer spoiler is slightly different to the cup spoiler on road cars though,it sits a fair bit flatter

So guys YES or NO help just confused so Angel if u took yours off would u have.Still won Bedford ????????

It makes no difference. We hardly got to Vmax at Bedford so wasn't worth the effort of taking it off.

If you like how it looks then get one! Plus the penis extension mentioned earlier.....

Like I said earlier, certain designs of spoiler reduce drag. That's probably why the cup cars run a spoiler.

Or the cup cars run them because they look cool and its a one make championship so you have to run it. Plus it's an advert for the spoiler, making us want it on our road cars.

There's lots of things on racing cars that are unnecessary, like bargeboards, engine cover fins, side pod blades, that they put on one make cars (gp2, World Series) for sponsorship space!!

Maybe taking the rear wing off a cup car makes it a little less stable at Thruxton, but not on the m1!!

I quite like the idea of fitting some hydraulic rams to the cup spoiler that are triggered by the brakes so it pops up Veyron style... Now that would be trick.

Cup racers have to look good to promote the RenaultSport brand, so yes seeing as Renault supply the cars and regulate their appearance past livery colours im sure they could have the spoilers fitted purely for looks.

I'd put a months wages on it removing or adding a cup spoiler would make no performance difference on the road, and probably not on track either.

Cup racers have to look good to promote the RenaultSport brand, so yes seeing as Renault supply the cars and regulate their appearance past livery colours im sure they could have the spoilers fitted purely for looks.

I'd put a months wages on it removing or adding a cup spoiler would make no performance difference on the road, and probably not on track either.

you shouldn't be betting ben,your supposed to be buying a house,:rofl: