Speeding - drat

There's $peeding, then there's speeding, does 69 in a 60 really warrant a fine and or points? not for me, that's all about revenue, however 169 in a 60.........

sensible ppl only speend on roads they know well, and know there is never any speed cameras :wink:

Well 2 of my SP30s are on roads I know well.

A45 in Birmingham (60 MPH dual carriageway where they moved the 40 zone going into Birmingham by 300-400 yds and coincidentally installed a Gatso at the same time). We're going back 3 plus years.

Broadway in Morecambe where my family lives which has been a 40 for the last 35 years until it recently changed and I got done for doing 36 in the new 30 limit. Guess what - new speed camera?

What annoys me is the ****s I see down rat runs in Birmingham regularly doing 40-50 - no speeds cameras or traps down the rat runs. Go figure.

Last 3 weeks have spent more time looking at my speedo than the road. Of course that's safer.

:worried: no speed camera's on track :tongueout:

Touch wood I have been too lucky..... been stopped and been caught a few times but due to luck and a good solicitor am yet to have points. Even got stopped in the 200 for jumping some temporary lights at 2am and got away with it. Sheer luck of the draw sometimes when ya get pulled over. But I don't get stopped in Jag like they do in clio! In less than a year I am into double figures for being stopped, every time its "a vehicle matching this has been seen......" doubt it very much! Just an excuse to check insurance and everything out.

Could lead to another 2 threads.....

How many points has everyone got?
How many times do people get stopped in their 197/200?

Never been stopped but have been on a speed awareness course. To those who say they have never done more than 70, ever.. Do you track it? Because if not, why do you have an RS? :smile:

I used to get stopped quite a bit in my Corsa D, but never in the Clio. Had to do the speed awareness course once, and the lack of knowledge the old people had was amazing! "what's the speed limit on a dual carriageway with a national speed limit sign" "60!!! :smiley:" "NO"

I used to get stopped quite a bit in my Corsa D, but never in the Clio. Had to do the speed awareness course once, and the lack of knowledge the old people had was amazing! "what's the speed limit on a dual carriageway with a national speed limit sign" "60!!! :smiley:" "NO"

Had that dual carriageway speed limit argument with a woman at work, by all accounts it used to be years ago whenever she did her test. But she was adamant it was 60 til I pulled it up on the dvla website lol