Speaker Suggestions

Multiple threads already I know but I'm mildly retarded and there don't seem to be definitive winners mentioned anywhere.

My dilemma, I really like the HU + USB/AUX/BT set up in the car. Reluctant to change this.

Problem, The sound quality is keek and I'm not one for fiddling around with component speakers, was a nightmare last time.

Is buying some half-decent Coax speakers x 4 a waste of money without replacing the HU or installing an amp?

Surely someone has found a good solution without replacing the OEM HU?

Help appreciated as always :thumbup:

im afraid its basically a waste of time as they will be under powerd, only plus side is that you are less likely to blow up uprated speakers using your standard HU

I disagree Mike.

due to the high risk of clipping with the standart HU since its capable of **** Speakers will be destroyed faster than with a upgraded one.

I had the original BT HU connected to an Amp with a high - low adaptor and that was fine for low volumes till the low mediums, anything louder would scratch as hell. changed tu a Alpine HU -> Now the Interior rattle and what you can bear of it limit the volume.

Youre right, i just wanted to say that even in standart mode its not capable of much, and even when the clipping effect might be less without an amp it will be there.

I have a std hu and dropped in an old 13cm set of infinity components to the front doors. I set up the audio and had to pull down the treble and add a little more base for a nice balance. Would say its bass +1 with treble -2. Not saying its right but it's a warmer sound with the fader pushed 2 to front.

I have a std hu and dropped in an old 13cm set of infinity components to the front doors. I set up the audio and had to pull down the treble and add a little more base for a nice balance. Would say its bass +1 with treble -2. Not saying its right but it's a warmer sound with the fader pushed 2 to front.

Cheers bud, I have a Sony HU to put in, but reluctant to do so unless I can't improve the sound from standard without replacing the HU.

It really depends on how much you want to spend mate. Im currently looking at creating a full set-up consisting of JL components & coaxiles running of an amp, along with a second amp running a small sub all of a standard HU (due to having tom tom & wanting an OEM finish). You just need the right gear todo so, for instance:

http://www.jlaudio.co.uk/cl441dsp-car-audio-oem-integration-98110

Very pricey but depends on how desperate you want to keep you standard HU

Waste of time and money replacing just speakers or just head unit. I've been down that road.

I put an Alpine HU with 4 coax speakers and the difference is staggering. Fit some sound proofing in the rear arches behind the speakers to tighten up the bass, well worth it for a small outlay

Similar Thread Suggestions