Spare wheel

I have just bought a full size spare wheel to go in the boot. The wheel cannot move up and down as it's a snug fit but it can move side to side. Any idea how or what I can use to prevent this? Don't suppose there's any kind of boot spacer/tidy thing on the internet? If not, I'll look at buying some small softwood timber sections and put a little frame together.

Would a net be strong enough to keep a wheel in position? Bear in mind, the car will be going on track... well to the Nurburgring in less than a week and with the abuse the car's going to get, I need something quite sturdy to keep it in place.

If I took it out and I develop an issue while on the 'Ring, it's going to be hassle for somebody else to bring the wheel to me. I'd also keep the wheel in the boot at all times. No point having a spare if it's kept at home :tongueout:

Wouldn't bother with a spare myself, the statistical odds of having a puncture are not worth worrying about..

Plus I'd never carry one in the boot on a track, not because of the weight but if you were unlucky enough to have a big off into the armco I wouldn't mind betting that the wheel is not staying in the boot..

Nutnutwelshman is right tho, ratchet straps is the way forward if you do it.

Thanks Fernandez. Unfortunately I have fallen victim to a couple of punctures and blowouts in my time... not with the 197 (yet)... but when I had the 172. That happening over here in England isn't that much of a problem but if I suffered a blow out in Germany, I'd feel more at ease knowing I had a spare in the boot than having to call out recovery.

Fair enough, I suppose if I had experienced the same I would consider it too. Just make sure its secure and you'll be flying.

Mine ws held in with a tie down strap before i fitted my rear brace, now it won't fit in.

It was a three leged version, tweeks sell them.