spare wheel vs additional set

hhh182

Gold Member
Hi Guys,

Im considering either purchasing an additional wheel in case of puncture OR buying a complete seperate set of wheels and fitting them with Toyo 888s.

The thought process is based on me going to Spa in September and needing a back up option. I aim to do two- three trackdays a year. Obviously the cost of an additional wheel is much cheaper but I'm also considering future TDs and benefits of different tyre sets.

What would you guys do? If a new set of wheels, what wheels would you choose, new/ 2nd hand.. what wheels?

thanks,
Hugh

I also got some Laguna wheels with decent tyres (tread not brand) - they will be the cheapest option i think

im sure there are some for sale in the for sale section..but yeah i did get silverstones a few weeks back..good value and they fit spot on..

I think I would go for a full spare set as well, if I was in that position. If you can pick a full set up for cheap like Pav did, then it makes a lot of financial sense.

I agree with Chris though - you need space to store them as well!

I checked these too..they are knackered though..you will need to have them refurbed or the guy offers to refurb them for additional £30..I personally put one wheel on before paying just to make sure they fit over the calipers..

I checked these too..they are knackered though..you will need to have them refurbed or the guy offers to refurb them for additional £30..I personally put one wheel on before paying just to make sure they fit over the calipers..

Im from Middlesbrough and sadly as I can't locate any nearby the wheels would be posted not collected. What would lead to difficulty in the fit of these vs the ones you bought on my 200? (novice question but genuine)

im not 100% sure but i believe there are 2 diff types of silverstones out there,correct me if im wrong..mine fit spot on but may be getting some 5mm spacers or shims just to clear them calipers a bit more..

I think you'd be better off waiting out for a set in good condition, rather than accepting one with a fault. I don't know how much the buckle would affect things, but it's not ideal... There seems to be plenty of sets that pop up for sale, it might be worth holding on for a bit until a better set comes along.

[MENTION=54582]hhh182[/MENTION] Check my thread in my sig - just had a set refurbed and one had a slight buckle. The place that sorted it charged £25 and it's absolutely fine (and safe!)
I've just put a set of standard RS200 wheels up for sale (pending Mod approval) that you may be interested in, but really not keen on posting as I'm in Kent.

@hhh182 Check my thread in my sig - just had a set refurbed and one had a slight buckle. The place that sorted it charged £25 and it's absolutely fine (and safe!)
I've just put a set of standard RS200 wheels up for sale (pending Mod approval) that you may be interested in, but really not keen on posting as I'm in Kent.

Pm'd [MENTION=53807]Micah[/MENTION]