Something dodgy...

Chrisgti6

East Midlands Rep.
After reading this thread (HERE) I remembered something strange....

There is a car on our street, the reg comes up as a Mercedes C200 kompressor (checked on HPI, MyCarCheck, MID etc etc) yet the car is a Vauxhall Vectra.

Now he's had the car for quite a while now, and i'm pretty sure that when he insured the car he would have realised that the make/model was incorrect.

I'm unsure what to do, I don't want to approach the owner for 2 reasons - if its a genuine cock up, he'll want to know why I was checking his number plate and secondly if it's something dodgy and the guy knows I could be getting myself into a whole world of trouble.

Any suggestions? Should I leave well alone and let him get on with it?

Have you had a look at his tax disk, would be interesting to see what reg is on that.

I've thought about doing that actually, interestingly the reg plate that is on it is currently SORN.

It's always parked nose first onto the drive though, so not really feasable.

Does anyone have any contacts that could check if the plate is reported stolen or anything?

So you think I should definately do something about it, am I not just being a nosey neighbour?

think of it this way....if it was something of yours "stolen" wouldnt you want someone to do it???

we ALL pay with people like this (assuming it is dodgy) so a quiet word in a certain someones ear might be all it takes!

Yep fair comment. I'll try and find a way of reporting it anonymously.

Cheers for the help guys

Chris

Just looked out of interest, it's a diesel SRI so I was interested to see what power they are.

Reg is KN55 DNV

might be an idea to remove that in case he ever googles his own plate and see's you talking about it on here, unless everybody on your street has a RS Clio in which case you might be alrite :smile: