Someone hit me - Advice please

Have you gone to the police? All you have to say is that your car was hit by her (and give her registration), that she failed to stop and that you've tried to sort it out yourself but she's denying it was her. You'll have to be adamant that you got her registration on the night of the incident and not some time afterwards. Its an offence to fail to stop following a collision (as its an offence not to report it and not to remain at the scene but these are a lot less serious). Once in possession of a written complaint (your statement) the police will have to do something. I know they can recommend to the DVLA that she be examined by a doctor to see if she should still have a licence.

Yeah id do what paddy_R says. Police can deal with it your insurance will never have to know thus not affecting your premium. As you said a non fault claim puts most premiums up by a few hundred quid for one year then few quid the next few years. Therefore costing more than a respray anyway. Get a respray, bite the bullet and report her to the police.

Fair play to Renault for being honest with you as they could have just spun you a line.

I guess they are saying your insurance will just go 50-50 with hers as it will be cheaper in the long run for them.

I'd be going down the police route as above.

Yeah I'm going down the Police station tonight to fill out a statement. I just hope something gets done about it, I don't want it filed away and never looked at again.

Yeah I'm going down the Police station tonight to fill out a statement. I just hope something gets done about it, I don't want it filed away and never looked at again.

Be adamant in the registration and a description of the driver never hurts either. Now I'm sure the officers will just try to swap your details but insist that you have you her given her a chance to sort it out and see has denied any involvement. And you feel that a prosecution is appropriate, also state you feel she should be assessed by a doctor or the DVLA as to her competence to drive.

Details of the witness will help your case.

Hi this sounds like a bit of a nightmare.
If you email len.worthington-renexter@renault.co.uk he is charge of the Renault accident program ask him for his help on the matter and hopefully RASL will change there mind. To me it sounds like it's something they should be able to deal with.(you just need to ask the right people:wink:)

if it was mean, upon denying it was her, i would of then informed her, well if thats the case then im putting a complaint in against you with the police and they will give you a medical and youll probably loose your license, and see what she`ll say to that.