Some useful info if the AC compressor clutch is noisy

I had some ringing, rumbling, bell like noises from the ac. I thought it was the bearing, but it turned out to be the clutch coil plate which had come loose from the compressor body. The coil had stopped working, so I ended up disabling AC for now.

Here's what I found:

The coil plate has a small knob which locates in a notch in the front of the compressor body. This keeps the coil plate from rotating. The coil plate is held on with a c-clip. The knob had worked itself through aluminium front of the compressor meaning the electrical plug was the only part keeping it from rotating. With time it had started working itself through more of the aluminium to the point where it was loose enough to rub on the freewheeling pulley (the middle part in pic 2).
Worn%20coil%20plate.jpg

Worn locating socket in the front of the AC compressor. Notice how the locating pin/knob has elongated the locating hole in the compressor front plate until it went all the way through.
worn%20compressor%20front.jpg

These are the parts that make up the clutch. The top one is the one sitting flush with the compressor front. The bottom one is the clutch plate you see when looking in from the wheel well. Notice how I've punched a lot of dimples in the back of the clutch plate. Before I realized the coil was bad I planned to glue it on to the front of the compressor using JB-Weld to keep it from rotating.
Components.jpg

The bearing number is 2TS2-DF07-A02L-X2. There are probably alternatives around.
Bearing.jpg

The number on the AC body is 6570796
Compressor%20number.jpg