Sold 197 before, now i have mk3 200 rs in my mind.. opinions?

Antti O

Gold Member
Hi
Last summer i sold my nice 197 which was little bit mistake. Now i have E46 325, but i am looking good example of LHD MK3 RS 200. (Facelift of 197..)
What i have search in mobile.de , cars from Germany.. most of the cars which are for sale are CUP versions. I dont know if i want cup. My ex 197 was "full fat" with nice options, and it was great car. Handling was just spot on and suspension was perfect for bad roads too (Finnish roads are full of potholes and grooves).

Is there any tips for my search, my favourite colours will be white, yellow, nimbus or red.
I am searching for car with less than 70.000km in the clock.

What i found out , is that cars with heated seats are extremely rare in Germany. I suppose 197/200 all have heated seats (not talking recaros).. I dont know if i want standard or recaros , maybe standard seats are more comfortable and i can get heating too..?

Last edited:
I've never known any 197 or 200 to have heated seats in the U.K.

Only the megane has heated seats as far as I'm aware.

Id choose recaros over heated seats and day of the week. Not sure if any have heated seats over here, not sure though... Perhaps the raiders with the leather recaros.

Just be patient, the right car will come up.

There is possibility that heated seats are some kind of option in Germany / Belgium too..
Unfortunately Renault Finland never imported 200 RS models, only 197 and those which are for sale.. usually too much driven for my taste.
Is there real difference between 197/200 models, are there some information available? I think 200 has different head lights, rear diffusor and longer 6 gear?

200 has different front end, mirrors, rear diffuser & different gear ratio yes. Over all it's just a slightly better car (IMO)

Is there any difference in drive geometry, axles, suspension?
Is black mirrors and red brake calibers best way to identify cup ?

Is there any difference in drive geometry, axles, suspension?
Is black mirrors and red brake calibers best way to identify cup ?

Yes, that is a way to identify a Cup car. The 200 has slightly stiffer suspension on both FF and Cup - stiffer than their respective 197 versions.

The changes from 197 to 200 are fairly minor overall - the general consensus is that the 200 is a 'better' car for the changes, however the 197 is still a great car and certainly shouldn't be dismissed as an option too quickly.

Do you know is there any info package if i want to know what differences there is between 197/200 ?

Heated seats can be added easily, especially on Recaros as they are very easy to remove the covers. You can buy kits for around £50-60 and the wiring is no different to adding an amplifier for a stereo

To be fair, the prices on 197's nowadays... surely you're not set on a 200 when 197's are pretty much the same but half the price? Meh, I know what I would go for if I could go back in time.

My none cup is pretty hard lol, passengers always bumping around. Cant imagine you'd find too much difference, thats an expert in that field doing that review.

Agreed, I have a non-cup also. Feel bad for people on the roads, especially when approaching roundabouts with yellow speed lines lmfao.

Agreed, I have a non-cup also. Feel bad for people on the roads, especially when approaching roundabouts with yellow speed lines lmfao.

Those are the worst!
My mate thought it would be fun to return from Germany along a road nicknamed 'the road to hell', it was at that moment I regretted the cup chassis slightly...

My R27 (cup pack) is fine, in line with any hot hatch suspension. I think it is actually less crashy than the current Fiesta ST although that could be the difference in comparing a brand new car to a 70k mile car