So it *is* possible…

…with a long and boring enough stretch of dual carriageway most of the way home, some wide, straight-lineable roundabouts and traffic lights you can see from a mile away…

scaled.php

I'm sure it'll be back in the low 20s in no time!

Last edited:
Thats impressive and would be a challenge to achieve those figures. However I prefer to see how bad I can get the MPG. So far I've seen 9.1mpg lol.

That took in a bit of B-road too, but I was stuck behind a dawdler in an Astra so doesn't really count.

I don't expect to ever see this number again, it was just something to entertain me on the way home :smile:

That took in a bit of B-road too, but I was stuck behind a dawdler in an Astra so doesn't really count.

I don't expect to ever see this number again, it was just something to entertain me on the way home :smile:

im gonna try it when i have to drive back to uni in sept, if i can hold back off the gas lol

The dual carriageway was all 50 or 60 and lined with speed cameras, I just stuck to the limit and coasted towards lights in gear a lot. I doubt you'd manage it on the motorway out of sheer frustration, it's not a terribly exciting game! :smile:

The dual carriageway was all 50 or 60 and lined with speed cameras, I just stuck to the limit and coasted towards lights in gear a lot. I doubt you'd manage it on the motorway out of sheer frustration, it's not a terribly exciting game! :smile:

ahh i see, yer the cameras probably kept you on track!

Ill give it my best shot :smiley:

Impressive stuff tbh. I dont think i will ever see that kind of figure. I was averaging about 32mpg mixed driving over 5k last time i looked.

I averaged 37.6mpg on the way from Normanton to Haywards Heath which is 240 miles last Thursday, cruise control set at 65 the whole way. I am well impressed.

Averaged 30.6 over 1350 miles last weekend. Which included 140mph on the Autobahn 3 times, several laps of the Ring, 83mph while on the continent and London to Leeds in 2hrs 15mins on the way home...

Who says the Clio is bad on fuel!?!? :huh:

I had 40.1 MPG on mine a few weeks ago on the M5. My missus took a picture and put it on facebook, I'll see if I can get it. I had to draft a lorry at 56 mph to get it, but I managed it. I didn't reset the trip when I got on the motorway either, so it was actually doing more than this to reach this figure. After she took the picture I booted it and it went down to about 36 mpg.

I averaged 37.6mpg on the way from Normanton to Haywards Heath which is 240 miles last Thursday, cruise control set at 65 the whole way. I am well impressed.

Averaged 30.6 over 1350 miles last weekend. Which included 140mph on the Autobahn 3 times, several laps of the Ring, 83mph while on the continent and London to Leeds in 2hrs 15mins on the way home...

Who says the Clio is bad on fuel!?!? :huh:

That McPhee jobby over on the RS forums. Every fudging post :angry:

Anyway, I wanna do 140mph.

Currently getting almost 50mpg in my Clio courtesy car! Saving me a bit of money at least! Its an eco warrior beast!