Snetterton Footage

Ashton

200T Test Pilot
Platinum Member
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=18Gk9gnmlEU&feature=player_embedded

Here is a video that my mate adam uploaded of our last stint at Snetterton on a very cold, snowy and slippy Sunday

Track temps never got above 2-3 degrees

Cam car was a Fiesta ST Mountune 185 with coilovers and a Quaiffe Diff and a bloody good driver behind the wheel

I really struggled for traction and getting the power down out of the corners and had to break a little earlier than normal due to the amount of standing water and melting snow on the corners

All in all a good day

Next time i will hope full have some 330mm brakes and a diff too

:smile:

Looks like an interesting day that with all the crazy track conditions! Nice to see you were pulling on the straights against the ST I always wondered what the diffence was between the st185 and the Clio

How do you rate snetterton as a track? I've never been but got my first track in march. I hear mixed reviews.

Fantastic quality video. Which camera is it?

Last edited:
Il ask adam who took the video

As for the track. i like it. very smooth, 2 monumental straights where i was getting upto 120ish

the corners are great. good mix of tight hairpins and double apex. the last corner (coram) is great. its just where the clio is screaming for a diff as i was nuking the inside wheel even in the dry last year. in the wet it was like skating on ice. i was pushing as hard as i dare

if you go in the wet save the spray for the straights. lol

the only things i had pass me was a DTM M3 race car and a carbon superlight caterham

Looks a good day :smile:

I used to love the old snetterton and so did my track ka :smile: haven't tried the new one yet but will be hoping to get on it this year and many other track days!!! :smiley:

Looks a good day :smile:

I used to love the old snetterton and so did my track ka :smile: haven't tried the new one yet but will be hoping to get on it this year and many other track days!!! :smiley:

March 30th :wink:

Im amazed how cheap the days at snetterton are compared to other circuits!