Simos top mounts?

cliokam

Paid Member
Has anyone on here ran simos top mounts with spax coilovers before?

The reason i am asking is because i had a bit of trouble with getting the bolt which holds the top mount to the strut tightened correctly, the spax adjuster being on the top of the damper leaves no where for you to grip the damper when tightening the nut, not sure if kw v3's are the same?

i have no decent pictures to explain what i mean but you can sort of see it in this picture..

IMG_20141002_174350_zps6kpryhpe.jpg

you can see the top of the damper in this picture and that is the adjuster, there is no where left to get a spanner to hold on when tightening the top nut.

any advice, help is appreciated, i have tightned them up as much as i could but i just wanted to see how other have got around this

thanks
kamran

Never been a fan of using impact guns for tightening but may have to give it a go just to make sure they don't come loose!

It is the only way to get the locknut to tighten up, same when you are removing them. It saves ruining the spanner flats and having to use mole grips on the shafts

It is the only way to get the locknut to tighten up, same when you are removing them. It saves ruining the spanner flats and having to use mole grips on the shafts

I thought about it at the time but didn't have one to hand anyway, no way i would want to use mole grips, think i will get a gun on there on the weekend. thanks for the help mate.