Silencer removed but still quiet

So I've just had my center silencer replaced with a piece of straight pipe and I have to say I'm a bit disappointed :/ I know someone that's had it done and there's crackles and pops with almost every gear change/downshifting and letting off the throttle at high revs. Mine does not do this and I was wondering if anyone could provide any info?

Cheers, Rob.

it may just need to coke up a bit, when i first had mine done it sounded quite tinny and didnt do much but after a week or so it was fine. However mine is only really noticeable for pops when exhaust is cold, once everything is all warmed up it quietens down and you just get the odd one. Has your mate had his cat out or had it mapped as either of those make a difference too.

No offence to anyone, but the silencer removal on a standard system is possibly the worse sound I've ever witnessed.

It wasn't as good as I remember it being... :tongueout:

£1200 is insane for an exhaust IMO. People also say it is the quietest aftermarket. Everybody has different tastes so arguing which is best is silly.

people go on about the akra being so fantastic, b*ll*cks! cant justify 1200 for an exhaust, plus theres been a fair few issues with them!

It is pretty dire tbh. Akrapovic or nothing IMO.

Akra or nothing? Bit excessive? Lol. There's loads of good exhausts out there, the supersprint non race is one of my faves tbh

akra is overpriced. I'm not fussed on the ktec system etc, but I wouldn't say Akra or nothing?
Thought you were going to buy a supersprint when that offer was on?

Last edited:
Akra or nothing? Bit excessive? Lol. There's loads of good exhausts out there, the supersprint non race is one of my faves tbh

akra is overpriced. I'm not fussed on the ktec system etc, but I wouldn't say Akra or nothing?
Thought you were going to buy a supersprint when that offer was on?

I was gonna wait and get the supersprint, may still do TBH but wanted something different for the time being. Thing is I really like the sound of the standard exhaust just wish it was louder :/

When I chopped mine I got pops n crackles straight away and a very raspy exhaust tone after 4k, try going down hill and holding it around 3-4k just off the throttle it will crackle until you have to accelerate, good fun lol

Yeah it's starting to sound loads better now! Someone on here said that with it chopped out they sound like "a rally car on steroids" and tbh I love that! :jump1:

And yeah I'll try that mate :smile:

Last edited:
What I'd say is the akrapovic has proven gains and no flat spot.

That to me says it's been properly developed. Pretty much all the run of the mill systems, (ktec/milltek/scorpion) will Induce a flat spot, especially noticeable if removing the secondary cat like the akrapovic does.

No need for a remap, you get what you pay for IMO.

The akrapovic with crackle map sounds mad

Yes it's expensive but my god its a fecking good system

None of this flat spot crap either

Not to mention pretty carbon too