Sidelight bulb

Sidelight bulb - is it the same type as the interior bulbs?

Noticed the drivers side had gone today (supposedly the easier side to change), and as I've upgraded the interior lights to LED's I have the OEM interior bulbs to hand. Pretty sure it is the same type (501), but wondered if it'd be suitable (light output would be different I guess?).

Same bulbs mate, and yes the drivers side is easy, however the passengers isn't all that difficult tbh.

I used long forceps to remove the bulb, could of done it with hands but took me all of 10 seconds to do with forceps!

Also regarding the side lights, is it legal to have white LED lights as side lights or just standard bulbs?

Also regarding the side lights, is it legal to have white LED lights as side lights or just standard bulbs?

Can't imagine it being Illegal. I've had them on all of my cars over the years and haven't had any trouble.
So long as they're not bright blue or anything!

Can't imagine it being Illegal. I've had them on all of my cars over the years and haven't had any trouble.
So long as they're not bright blue or anything!

Haha, I have got some bright blue ones laying about, but don't want to look like a chav, you get me fam init :tongue_smilie:

As long as they dont appear to have a lot of glare then you should be fine.

You can only show white and yellow lights to the front of a vehicle.

As long as they dont appear to have a lot of glare then you should be fine.

You can only show white and yellow lights to the front of a vehicle.

Ah ok, thanks Paddy. I will see how they look, as I hate it when I can barely see at night when somebody's lights are glaring in my face.