Show me Heaven (Headunits)

Show me your audio set-up!

Now that I'm back in a 197 I need to upgrade the audio urgently.

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/..._productId_808753_langId_-1_categoryId_165474

I have one of these in my Audi. Smart, good sound and hides the ipod on the headunit. Much better than messy cables or drilling holes. Problem is you can't adjust the display colour. It didn't match the dash in the Audi and it won't in the Clio. Perfect but not sure I want to compromise on this point again.

I also want to install 4 speakers and retain stalk and if possible display control. All for around £300.

Any ideas or what have you done with yours?

I've got a pioneer P88RS which is an amazing headunit but no longer made! Had an alpine before that which was fine and included different backlight colours which might be good for you.

Either way, stick to apline or pioneer and you'll get something decent.

I've got a pioneer p88rs from my sound competition days which I'll be putting up for sale soon, somewhere around the £100 mark. I've a new pioneer Bluetooth unit ordered and hopefully it will be here mid next week (from the 2013 pioneer range) will post up more details when it arrives.

Alpine IDA X305S here mate, media receiver, brilliant with iPhone/iPod but a bit expensive. You have to buy a separate Bluetooth kit (which by the way doesn't work well) and the lead to retain the dash screen and stalk controls cost around £80!!

A quick old pic I managed to dig up from the photobucket

2f82ae69.jpg

Last edited:
Alpine IDA X305S here mate, media receiver, brilliant with iPhone/iPod but a bit expensive. You have to buy a separate Bluetooth kit (which by the way doesn't work well) and the lead to retain the dash screen and stalk controls cost around £80!!

A quick old pic I managed to dig up from the photobucket

Very nice mate, I had an Alpine XDA-100 in my last 197. Wish I hadn't sold it now!

Looking at Pioneer systems at the mo, one in particular with a built in amp.

Also had an ida-x100 in my twingo rs. Shouldn't have sold it... The 305 is basicly the same unit. You can even interchange the control units :smile:

I have a pioneer 8400bt.. Great piece of kit :smile: bluetooth, ipod, radio and CD.

Then with Pioneer TS-Q131C Comps up front and pioneer TS-a1323i for the rear. Sounds so much better than the original system :smile:

I have a pioneer 8400bt.. Great piece of kit :smile: bluetooth, ipod, radio and CD.

Then with Pioneer TS-Q131C Comps up front and pioneer TS-a1323i for the rear. Sounds so much better than the original system :smile:

Excellent. I think steel tins connected with string would sound better than the original system!

Yeh it's a bit lacklusture!
Czech, this might be obvious, but do all the streering audio controls work if you upgrade the head unit?

im almost certain i didnt pay that much, cant remember it being more than £30 for the addapter! Ill try and find the reciept....