service in brum area

Anybody know of anywhere decent, cheaper (so i still keep the warranty) to get a service in the Birmingham area?
Renault solihull quoted me £250 for a second service???

lookin for one myself mate for my 3rd one
let me know if you find one and i will do the same:wink:

Definitely give Fred a ring, he'll sort you out good :smile: he did my 172 brakes just before I sold it and did a stellar job. Even gave the car a quick once over for me just to check everything was as it should be.

Nah i have,nt had mine done as yet, its still coming up "service due soon" on computer, where is this fred's place to get a service???
And will Renault be ok with a service off them (with car still having the 3 year warranty)???

I believe he can stamp the book, as long as genuine renault parts are used there shouldn't be an issue. And he'll do a much better job than renault as well.

Post code for the place is B33 0SL

ye any place can stamp your service book aslong as its VAT registered

i just dont trust the renault dealerships round by me, they seem to know really little about the renaultsports and i can just imagine somebody who has never worked on a 197 being let loose on mine!

would rather take it to somewhere thats had raving reviews and knows what there on about! plus its soo much cheaper

btw full address for fred is

Fred Hopkins

BTM Performance LTD
Unit 1
Bannerley Road
Garretts Green Industrial Estate
Birmingham
B33 0SL

tel - 07769712624

Last edited:
Cheers all, will be giving fred a call/visit soon :smile:

good on yah mate

cant recommend fred enough had a cracking service from start to finish, car was gone for less than 3hrs and then i had it back! plus as he knows what he's on about you can trust the advice he gives you and my car actually has the correct oil in now!

good on yah mate

cant recommend fred enough had a cracking service from start to finish, car was gone for less than 3hrs and then i had it back! plus as he knows what he's on about you can trust the advice he gives you and my car actually has the correct oil in now!

:blush:hmy: so Renault dont supply the correct oil when they do a service?:confused1:

well according to my service booklet at its first service renault put in 5/30w when its supposed to have 5/40w.

I had topped it up with 5/40w but didnt know the wrong stuff was in it until fred mentioned it! now happily running 5/40w race oil and i can honestly say its running alot smoother.

also the cabin air filter had never been changed and was apparently rather disgusting!