197: Service Due

CallorFold

Platinum Member
Started up my car this morning and it's suddenly decided a Service is Due...

When I picked up the car a month ago it showed something like 7,5000 until it was due, and it's been steadily ticking down since then.

I've done about 1,000 miles since picking it up, and all of a sudden this morning the Service Due light popped up.

Does it need a service? Should I just reset the light?

Well look in the book, see when its been serviced. If it's due then get it done, if no then turn the light off.

Last service was November and it hasn't done much mileage since then. Had a recommendation to check the oil, and if it looks ok just reset the light, so I'll get that done tonight.

Is it "usual" for the light to randomly come on like that though? Seems a little odd....?

Last service was November and it hasn't done much mileage since then. Had a recommendation to check the oil, and if it looks ok just reset the light, so I'll get that done tonight.

Is it "usual" for the light to randomly come on like that though? Seems a little odd....?

The service indicator is based on time as well as mileage, so maybe when it was last serviced the counter wansn't reset? Either way, if you have proof it was done in November (and by proof I mean an invoice, not just a stamp in the book. If you only have the stamp, give the garage a call to confirm) then reset it. However, make sure you service it again in November (12 months from the last, don't rely on the indicator to tell you)

Chris

The service indicator is based on time as well as mileage, so maybe when it was last serviced the counter wansn't reset? Either way, if you have proof it was done in November (and by proof I mean an invoice, not just a stamp in the book. If you only have the stamp, give the garage a call to confirm) then reset it. However, make sure you service it again in November (12 months from the last, don't rely on the indicator to tell you)

Chris

100% :cloud9: