Service Due light

hi everyone!

iv tried to get rid of my service due message on the dash, by holding down the "up" arrow key for 10 secs (as i read somewhere on here) but it isnt working?

however i cant scroll through the menu anymore like i could, the only message i get is service due, i cant get mpg, average speed, miles etc etc! could this mean i have a faulty stalk control?

any help appreciated!

Bradz

Have you had it serviced yet, i was press the start button with foot ob clutch but lift your foot off the pedal so it clicks and not start, skroll through the trip menu until the service due message displays, press and hold the top trip button, it takes longer than 10 seconds, then everything starts flashing. Still holding the top trip button, press the bottom button which then skrolls through the diffrent milage times ie 12000/18000 etc. then i think you hold both buttons on the desired milage and release

yeah, tried all that! the thing im concerned about is that i cant see any other message except service due, absolutely nothing else shows up! so either i cant scroll through because my trip arrow buttons arent working, or im doing something wrong...?

You should be able to scroll through the menu, but it will keep coming up service due after a few seconds If not reset.

To reset the service light you need to press the down button on the stalk and have the door open on the driver side slightly. I only know because I watched the guy from the dealer do it as they'd forgot to do it when i last had mine serviced. Can't remember if th car engine was running or not when I did it though but try both

Hope this helps, I did try it again when I got home to check I had watched properly :smile:

To reset the service light you need to press the down button on the stalk and have the door open on the driver side slightly. I only know because I watched the guy from the dealer do it as they'd forgot to do it when i last had mine serviced. Can't remember if th car engine was running or not when I did it though but try both

Hope this helps, I did try it again when I got home to check I had watched properly :smile:

FYI car does need to be running to reset.

ignition / engine running, scroll through to when service reminder due and then hold either up or down switch on the end of the wiper switch until it begins to flash, keep it pressed and it will then extinguish the spanner light and reset the service milage, then just let go of the switch, job done !

ignition / engine running, scroll through to when service reminder due and then hold either up or down switch on the end of the wiper switch until it begins to flash, keep it pressed and it will then extinguish the spanner light and reset the service milage, then just let go of the switch, job done !

this^^^