Seized handbrake cables!!

chris1888-197

Paid Member
Was driving my 197 last week and noticed the rear brakes were sticking on!! Couple of hours later the osr wheel was jammed on. Had to stop the car remove the wheel and disconnect the cable from the caliper- seized solid!! That's both rear cables I have replaced. Anyone else had issues with the cables seizing that quick ??

same mate, only had renaults and you need to keep putting your hard earned cash into them. but would be gutted to let the clio go!!

I've got this problem with mine at the minute, I'm just not using the handbrake until I can sort it.
How hard is it to DIY it as the cables go behind the exhaust heat shield on a quick inspection?

I've replaced both bud, they are easy to do just remove centre console screws 20 torx x4 2 are under the gear stick gaitor just in clips with screwdriver. And that let's you in to the cables joining to the hanbrake lever cable then let adjustment of 10mm socket or spanner and under the car unhook the cables from the calipers and remove cables , remove cables from securing clips and refit new cables and adjust. They seize up pretty quickly!!

Sorry mate meant to mention its only the n/s cable you need the heatsheild off for, and it's not hard to come off.