Security features

Alarm makes me laugh

My key battery died a few weeks back so i had to open the pass side door with the key, and my alarm went off. I could hear it in the cabin, but from the outside with the doors closed it sounded like a phone ring tone rather than an alarm. Worst alarm iv ever had on a car. It does not have a proper audiable speaker thing like most alarms. It could atleast be wired to the horn too, like on fords.

The alarm speaker must be inside the car rather than outside, i also noticed it was loud inside but if you get out and close the doors you can only just hear it.
If i knew where it was i would connect a 2nd speaker / horn onto it for the outside.

Don't think thats the alarm when you open the door too fast, its just a random beep it sometimes does, it's a renault lol

I often set mine off with the pressure washer when I wash it, or if I don't lock it then I keeps on locking itself while I wash it so have to keep unlocking it! That must be my only gripe about the car. :tongue_smilie:

I often set mine off with the pressure washer when I wash it, or if I don't lock it then I keeps on locking itself while I wash it so have to keep unlocking it! That must be my only gripe about the car. :tongue_smilie:

unlock it and open the door then close it again, it will now stay unlocked while you wash it.

If you just unlock it but dont open and close the door it will auto lock after 30 sec's.

Similar Thread Suggestions