Seat belt beep

I'm coming up to my first service in my 197 and was hoping to have the stupid seatbelt bleep removed.

Can i have this done by my renault dealer whilst in for service? Or is it something I have got to get done on the sly?

Basically I don't know if there are any warranty/insurance/MOT implications with removing it? (don't see why there should be, its not really needed!)

no chance i asked same question. it meens they lose NCAP rating for them if they do it lol. take it to a back street garage or put ure belt on lmao

Buy an old belt, chop off the buckle and locate it in the socket.

Or just wear your belt? :wink:

on the bottom of the buckle youll see a black wire chop that and youll have no beep, lol

i dont see why they wouldnt do it. When I worked at Nissan I sold a car to a woman who wanted all the airbags deactivated. She used to have breast cancer and was legally void from wearing a seatbelt and was told that in the event of a crash the airbag could kill her.... have to laugh at some people. We did it but issued her a letter which she had to sign saying we wouldnt be held liable if she died in a crash. :nope:

Haha, I do wear my seat belt (thanks for all those tips guys) but sometimes you just want to spin her round and it's the most annoying beep!

I may have to find a cash in hand garage for this to be removed then.

Thanks guys.

right a tip and i didnt tell you this

off the record

a wedge in the seat belt holder will stop the beeping

There is a cable attached to the bottom of the seatbelt buckle, this cable can be unclipped and this will stop the beeping...

I did it on my previous clio's...

Bob

I wire eroded a buckle out of statinless steel at work :wink:
that stops the bleeping but I only made them in preperation for fitting harness's to one of them

on my service book i've the instructions to switch the alarm off, there's a sequence to make by pressing the start button and some other button.. don't know if this works, i'm in italy, probably here we can switch it off?

yo

ps if u hold the red clip u push to take the belt off the beep stops so all u need to do is jam the button with a bit of card simple really dont chop anything

Thanks for all your help and responses guys!

I'm looking at getting harnesses fitted soon so I will have a fiddle about with it before I remove anything.

I'll let you know how I get on!