Scuttle drain

Dazzer

Paid Member
Is there any way to open the drivers side scuttle plug up like th passenger side mine seen to keep blocking up only cleared it about a month ago

Did mine a few months back and you can pull out the rubber housing with some long nosed pliers. Took both mine out to clean them.

take the mesh out and find a long thin stick..pour some water on there and see if they are blocked..there are 2 drain holes one on each side..i used my aerial :thumb:
if they are blocked the water can get inside your cabin and cause massive damage

Last edited:
take the mesh out and find a long thin stick..pour some water on there and see if they are blocked..there are 2 drain holes one on each side..i used my aerial :thumb:
if they are blocked the water can get inside your cabin and cause massive damage
Mesh where? - is there a "how to" somewhere on this please?

Did mine a few months back and you can pull out the rubber housing with some long nosed pliers. Took both mine out to clean them.
Iv only got the passenger side one with the rubber tub, the drivers side has just a hole thought it was ment to be like that
will this be ok without the rubber tube?

Probably better off that the drivers side has no tube as the tube on the drivers side is tapered and that's why it gets blocked.

Reactions: Dazzer
If you look at the position of the scuttle drain holes they are basically above the wheel arches, I would say the wheel arch liner would stop any water spray from the wheels going upwards. The only thing I can think off is the tube directs the water, although it's straight and only around 6 inches if I remember correctly. Where as the passenger side I'm sure has a bend in it.

Think I
If you look at the position of the scuttle drain holes they are basically above the wheel arches, I would say the wheel arch liner would stop any water spray from the wheels going upwards. The only thing I can think off is the tube directs the water, although it's straight and only around 6 inches if I remember correctly. Where as the passenger side I'm sure has a bend in it.
might have to get one for the passenger side just in case,

Thanks mate