Scratch/Scrape Noise from Engine

Really descriptive title...

I know the internet isn't the greatest place to diagnose what is causing an irregular engine noise, but I was hoping of few of the technical gurus could have a listen and point me in the right direction.

Also worth noting that a cambelt is due at the end of the month - sounds like pulleys to me?

12_03_2013 21_30.mp3

(The link is safe, I've found forum's really don't like you uploading any kind of audio!)

Thanks for any help.

Just to add - the audio clip was recorded by the left side of the upper inlet manifold. Not leaking any fluids...

Also only happens intermittently on idle - disappears with more revs and is less noticeable when warm.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2p6XI9mvgmA

Sounds like you might already have the right idea, listened to a video of an f4r that sounded similar and was stated to be down to water pump bearing as well so if you get the belts done make sure they change the water pump too while they're at it.

Thanks for the link to the video, hadn't seen that, confirms what I thought really. Water pump will definitely be changed!

Belt has started squealing when turning the engine off today.

So... booked into BTM for a cambelt/waterpump/service/front suspension strip and inspection - expensive times!