Save the ring...

Taken of VXRonline via R32oc

Hi everyone,

Some of you may be aware of problems at Nurburgring, and some may not.

To put it bluntly the Ring (As we know it by) was taken over in 2007 by two business men, unfortunately they know nothing about motor sport, have no passion for the ring and only want to make money.

They have only made things worse, owing over 350 Million Euro's which they do not have and forcing the people of the Ring to pay this back.

The future doesn't look good, testing by manufacturers has tripled in price and some are looking at pulling away from the Ring, leaving the heritage behind whilst these business men make things worse.

I have been in constant contact with the Schmits family over the last few weeks and received information from the Nurburgring Mayor with the official letter sent to Joaquin Almunia, the Vice-President of EU-Commission.

I have started an official petition for enthusiasts in the UK and around the rest of the world to sign so it can be submitted to the [font="&quot"]EU-Commission asking for the EU to step in and get control of the situation and hand back the Nurburgring. The Nurburgring is needing all the support it can get.

If you have ever been to the Nurburgring, or want to please find 5 minutes to sign the petition. It will require your full name and email address, anything else is optional. Nothing is passed on to 3rd parties but this information is needed to be seen as an e-signature and counted.

This has only been set up tonight, so please pass it on to as many people you know in as many countries you know.

Thank you for your time in reading this and all the best for 2011

http://www.gopetition.com/petition/41698.html

Last edited:
I've never been but its something I plan on doing within the next year or 2

I've signed it

Lol Mike, was expecting that! I'm not around on the dates you're all going, already got a holiday booked :worried:

Lol Mike, was expecting that! I'm not around on the dates you're all going, already got a holiday booked :worried:

Finger hovering..... :woody:

:wink:

It is shocking that complex they have built there. That roller coaster there failed its safety test, and has never been used!

The Nordschleife, is fine, it's safe, it's very profitable, especially for Touristenfahrten. What people are pissed off about is that they are using the Nordschleife to try and recoup the £400m debt (of public money) on the Grand Prix circuit development aka Nurodisney by a private company, Nurburgring Automotive GmbH...

Increased Touristenfahrten lap prices.
Increased contract prices for industry pool members; from €800,000 last year to €8,000,000 this year. Aston Martin, Mercedes and Pirelli have already withdrawn.
If you want to hire the Nordschleife for a private trackday, you have to hire x amount of rooms at the hotel on the new GP development site.
Etc etc.

Nurburgring Automotive GmbH are pissing me off following the latest developments. They are systematically setting out to destroy local businesses.

Ron lost his court battle and RSR are banned from the Nurburgring. Is this the beginning of the end for rental companies?

They're building facilities at the Lindner hotel to take business from the neighbouring (and independent) Dorint hotel.

Sonja who runs her (independent) souvenier shop in Adenau has been told she has to buy her stock from Nurburgring Automotive GmbH after they withdrew licences from the former producers of official branded Nurburgring merchanise.

Granted, it's now Nurburgring Automotive, a private companies' playground, but when €400m of public money was used to build it and I see friend's businesses affected and the public's politcal appeals falling on deaf ears :@